My daughters' laptop got infected with several viruses after downloading Adobe Flash Player 13 ActiveX.
I have managed to get rid of almost all including Search protect, Reg Clean Pro; rqpbhevlkc64.exe, MyPC Backup, DMUninstaller, BlockAndSurf, FreeV_1.3, AnyProtect. Also Norton Security Scan was removed as we have Mcafee.
When using HitmanPro_x64 two results are found to repair proxy server infected/hijacked by 127.0.0.1.59818
After the next step these are removed form laptop.
These then used to reappear after going on the internet using Firefox (I don't think it happened with Googlechrome or IE)
This I think has stopped since restting Firefox settings.
They sometimes seem to reappear after restarting.
But always reappear when using adwcleaner which prompts a restart (although this program doesn't find these two items)
Adware finds two files in AppData one for Mozilla pref.js in Roaming and one for Google preferences in Local.
They also don't show up in MaleWareBytes.
I have also run TDSKiller and nothing found.
I have Mcafee Livesafe Internet Security and Windows7
I have also reset the Proxy settings using Microsoft fixit, with same results. (As It is a home computer it shouldn't have proxyserver)
I have deleted the following in HKEY_USER\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet settings.
ProxyOverride (showing Loopback) - HitmanPro leaves this as is.
ProxyServer (Showing http=127.0.0.1:59818;https=127.0.0.1:59818) - HitmanPro deletes this.
I have changed the following in HKEY_USER\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet settings
ProxyEnable 1 to 0 -HitmanPro does the same.
Hope someone is able to help, thanks.