2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2014 4:57 AM by risingflight

McAfee ePO server service failed to start

risingflight

Hi everyone

I have upgraded McAfee ePO from version 4.6.5 to version 4.6.6

after the upgrade McAfee ePO 4.6.6 server service failed to start with error code 1.

i have followed McAfee article  https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB78566 

but the issue remains the same.  my client computers are not communicating with the ePO server & i can login to the epo server

Can i upgrade from ePO4.6.6 to 4.6.7 with the current situation or should i downgrade

please do guide me how to resolve the issue.

Message was edited by: risingflight on 6/10/14 1:12:40 AM CDT
        • 1. Re: McAfee ePO server service failed to start
          StefanT

Have a look at the properties for the Server Service and see what it lists. I'm having major problems at the moment trying to upgrade from 4.5.4 to 4.6.7 or 4.6.8 and my issues are down to problems with the 8.3 naming convention.

My upgrade fails, rolls back and then fails to start the Application Server Service, the reason for this is that my service has a path of D:\Program~2\McAfee\EPOLIC~1\Server\bin\tomcat5.exe //RS//MCAFEETOMCATSRV200. When I open a command prompt and switch to the D:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ folder and run dir /x I have no short file name for the ePolicy Orchestrator folder. As soon as I create the short file name with fsutil the service starts fine.

So it might just be worth checking that............................................

Stef

• 2. Re: McAfee ePO server service failed to start
            risingflight

i check ed in the registries HKLM\SYSTEM\currentcontrolset\services\MCAFEEAPACHESRV

DependonServices i can see afd, Tcpip,MCAFEETOMCATSRV250, MSSQL$EPOSERVER

i have deleted all these services and added MCAFEEAPACHESRV and rebooted the server

and its fine.