Please provide the product version to assist you further.
Product Version : 6.0.3 Patch 3
It is not possible to check the updates through command line; we have two ways to check the updates they are automatic update and manual update.
That's very unfortunate. Do you know if stopping and restarting the services will force an update check?
The problem I am having is that I deployed McAfee to a number of computers by using vssetup.exe. The installations appear to have worked well, however the systems will not download the latest DAT. After several days, they are still running DAT 11. When I attempt to manually update them, I get the following error:
Please wait, searching for a machine with an internet connection
Unable to connect to McAfee Security-as-a-Service Update server
I have re-started my computer several times and re-installed McAfee
Here is the command line I used for the installations (edited to remove the key and the real email address)
VSSETUP.EXE /CK=*my key* /GroupID=22 /Policyid= /Emailfirstname.lastname@example.org
The DAT version which you have mentioned clearly states that the product was not installed properly; please let me know the Operating System (along with bit version 32bit/64bit) which you are using to assist you further.
I deployed it to a few systems and all of them are having this issue:
Win 8.1 64 bit
Win 7 Sp1 32 bit
Win 7 SP1 64 Bit
Windows XP 32 bit
Please follow the below steps in Win 7 computer and update us the status,
1. Log on to the security center from www.mcafeesaas.com
2. Click on the tab utilities-> select the sub tab Migration & Optimization.
3. Under the Cleanup Utility --> select the downloadoption.
4. Download and save it to the desktop and run this exe touninstall.
5. Reboot the computer.
---> Please reset the Windows firewall to default and then disable the windows firewall before starting the installation.
Please use the silent Installation method.
1. Open the webpage www.mcafeesaas.com and login with yoursecurity center.
2. Click on utilities on the top
3. Under the installation tab, select the second optionsilent installation to download.
4. Save the vssetup.exe file to your c: drive.
5. Now click start --> type cmd.exe into the searchfield.
6. Then Right-click on cmd.exe and click “Run asadministrator” to open the command prompt.
Type cd\ (enter)
6. Copy this command and paste
Where P is the parameter and V is the virus scan, F thefirewall and B the browser protection. If you want to exclude installation of any software you need to omit that parameter from the above command.
Just wait for 5 minutes McAfee will be automatically get installed in your computer, if still you are facing the same problem then please call our Technical Support directly to proceed further.
Please use the below link to get the right number based on the region.