4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2014 12:52 AM by shahidkhan00005

Long queue on our back-end Mailer Daemon waiting for MEG to respond

shahidkhan00005

Hello ,

we are facing issue on Mcafee email gateway version 7.5.2

when we used MEG used for Outbound email at the means time when there is large amount of the email the email stuck on mailer doieam and MEG do not take email from it.

when someone send fewer outbound emails (only 10+ emails) of LARGE SIZES (of around2-10 MB of size), the issue arises,

If someone sendInbound email to us of LARGE SIZE (for example its of 5MB) it reaches usthrough MEG within a minute, However if someone send an Outbound email from our domain of Large Sizes (5MB+) it gets around 20-25 minutes toreach to outside domain? outbound email is issue

please send me the resolution on my email address

thanks and regards

shahid khan

• 1. Re: Long queue on our back-end Mailer Daemon waiting for MEG to respond
          andyclements

Take a look at the store and forward settings.  They are under Email --> Email Configuration --> Policy Configuration --> Protocol Settings (SMTP), in the Message Processing section.  There is a setting for mesage size, try reducing it to 1024 KB for 1MB, maybe 4096 KB if you want to go for 4MB.  This assumes you are using an explicit proxy mode.

• 2. Re: Long queue on our back-end Mailer Daemon waiting for MEG to respond
            shahidkhan00005

Dear Basically the issue is accuring on Outbound email (internal to External ),the inbound for same senario is working fine

second things i want to confirm that we want any one send email up to 10 MB should not stuck ,becouse of that processing and stuck of email on mailer doamin the  queue goes to 1000 email on mailer doamain .

if i will increase the size of MB or Decrase the size what will the effect on smoot operation like i dont want any delay and queue on mailer domain for any Size ?

referance

If someone sendInbound email to us of LARGE SIZE (for example its of 5MB) it reaches usthrough MEG within a minute, However if someone send an Outbound email from our domain of Large Sizes (5MB+) it gets around 20-25 minutes toreach to outside domain? outbound email is issue

thanks

Message was edited by: shahidkhan00005 on 6/7/14 2:18:56 AM CDT
            • 3. Re: Long queue on our back-end Mailer Daemon waiting for MEG to respond
              malware-alerts

When the emails get quesed up on the appliances, what is the status when you look at the queue in "Message Search" ?

I would suggest enabling "SMTP conversation" logging to see what's going on with these e-mails, then post 1-2 example here.

• 4. Re: Long queue on our back-end Mailer Daemon waiting for MEG to respond
                shahidkhan00005

i have already enabled the logging but the queue stuck on the mailer daimen at exchange end ...when 10 to 15 user send more the 3 to 5 mb file it stuck on the mailer daiemn and the quese goes to 1000 or 4000 due to large size of email all the emails efeected

nathing we found on logging that could help us any sugeestion ?

i will try to find out the logs but the case opened to tier 3 also they are still searching ...

thanks