2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2014 8:02 AM by mathew.d.hailey

"Failed to retrieve server version from '<server>'" Firewall Admin Console 3.0

madrox72

Hello All,

I have a firewall that I administer at a remote site that I am having problems connecting to with my Sidewinder G2 Firewall Admin Console 3.0 with the error: "Failed to retrieve server version from '<myserver>'.  I have had problems in the past when I click save it times out and kicks me out, but it usually still saves the change. Usually I could just log back in and do what I needed to, annoying, but workable. Now I am getting this error, but not everytime. I can log in if I wait for a bit (10 min?), then make a change and hit save, then get kicked out and get the error again, then have to wait another 10 min or so.

I have searched the internet and have not found a solution for this error. I can use the CLI with no problem, but can't modify any rules via command line.  My sidewinder is running 6.1.0.06. Anyone have any ideas or tips to resolve my error or the timeout issue I am experiencing?  I don't know if it is related but when I connect to my firewall I do get a prompt about the firewall certificate for the Admin console is expired. I ususally hit yes to skip the certificate verification and it still lets me in (with the issues I am having).

Thanks