From a sticky post I have in the consumer SiteAdvisor section:
TrustedSource (often the quickest way of getting things cleared)
If you want to address an issue with a web site in Site Advisor, that is based on McAfee's TrustedSource Web Reputation, please go to http://www.trustedsource.org/en/feedback/url and use the web form to contact the Trusted Source team.
- 1) Browse to www.trustedsource.org/en/feedback/url
- 2) Recommended for website owners or anyone else who wants to be updated on the request status: Create an Account and then Login
- 3) Click on “Check Single URL” (since most re-evaluation requests would be for a single URL)
- 4) Select the Product you are using – in our case choose “McAfee SiteAdvisor”
- 5) Type in the URL you want to check
- 6) Click “Check URL”
- 7) Optional: Choose up to 3 categories from the drop-down “Optional categorization suggestion:”
- 8) Optional: Leave an “Optional comment”
- 9) Click “Submit URL for Review”
- 10) If you created an Account (and logged in with it), a Ticket ID will be displayed, along with 3 options on when you will receive email (when the ticket is Open, Reviewed, or Closed)
Note: If you want to track your requests or be notified via email, register for a free TrustedSource.org account.
This is the process I already ran (as described in the original post).
My question is how to handle the situation if the outcome of this process is false.
I would imagine repeat the process with an appeal but I'm on the consumer side so not too sure of your procedures. Don't you have portal access? If not I would wait until someone else chips in here.
I have submitted the URL again with the base domain instead of a specific path.
Otherwise, you can email email@example.com, and submit the base URL:
now the base domain has been re-categorized from "Uncategorized" to "Games". Not exactly helpful. :-)
I will try my luck with mail.
Should be taken care of now.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
That did work. Both URLs are categorized as "Technical Information" now.
So the way to appeal a TrustedSource decision is to write mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .