1 2 Previous Next 10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2014 10:05 AM by exbrit

Support. what support????

jon.f

Does Mcafee just delete emails

As they just deleted mine twice. Maybe i will send to Sky news today on my Blackberry as i have a direct link

Mike

Still having problems and not able to contact Mcafee on line except on this particular computer.

The main problem seems to be is that I am unable to log into Mcafee.com to my account from Africa as I am sure Mcafee is sold under a franchise like everything else over here.

Do you know of a direct link that I can use to download the Mcafee antivirus program. have at least three if not four licences that I cannot use and they are running down.

So far I have only managed to get one of the computers working and this is still not working properly as Mcafee is the only program that is too large on the screen to use due to graphic problems and your online support cannot help me to rectify the problem but the program itself is working. See enclose photograph.

The other  versions of Mcafee programs will not register in Africa and were all purchased on line directly from Mcafee. and i am blocked by your servers from logging onto Mcafee and my account in Zambia Southern Africa but you happily received payment at the time of purchase.

Many thanks

Jon

From: McAfee Assurance [Email deleted by Admin as it violates Community Terms]
      Sent: 30 May 2014 13:00
      To: (Email deleted by Admin as it violates Community Terms)
      Subject: McAfee TS EMEA Chat Followup 29th May

Dear Jon F

This is Mike from McAfee Technical Support; with a follow-up for the service request number 484570-1498561779 handled by our Technician Nithish

This is to confirm whether the issue with McAfee product has been resolved. Please reply to this mail if the issue is resolved.

If your issue remains unresolved, please click on the below link to connect to us through chat support mentioning the service request number: we would be more than happy to assist you on this regards.

Your message

Thank you for contacting McAfee Consumer Support.

We have recently opened a Service Request for support based on the information you provided us at our support website. Below you will find the details of this request for your reference.

-     Order #:

-     Service Request #: 1501637959

-     Created Date: 06/03/2014 06:02:30

-     Account E-mail:

-     Description: how can I download mcafee in Zambia

Please feel free to visit us at http://service.mcafee.com for all of your McAfee related support needs.

Sincerely,

McAfee Consumer Support

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential, privileged, proprietary and protected from disclosure by applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, duplication, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and immediately destroy all copies of this message, including electronic and hard copies. Thank you for your cooperation.

Your message

To: McAfee Assurance
         Subject: RE: McAfee TS EMEA Chat Followup 29th May
         Sent: 04 June 2014 13:07:11 (UTC+05:30) Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi

was deleted without being read on 04 June 2014 16:48:01 (UTC+05:30) Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi.

_____ 

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential, privileged, proprietary and protected from disclosure by applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, duplication, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and immediately destroy all copies of this message, including electronic and hard copies. Thank you for your cooperation.

Thank you for contacting McAfee Consumer Support.

We have recently opened a Service Request for support based on the information you provided us at our support website. Below you will find the details of this request for your reference.

-     Order #:

-     Service Request #: 1501637959

-     Created Date: 06/03/2014 06:02:30

-     Account E-mail:

-     Description: how can I download mcafee in Zambia

Please feel free to visit us at http://service.mcafee.com for all of your McAfee related support needs.

Sincerely,

McAfee Consumer Support

Message was edited by: selvan on 4/6/14 10:05:34 PM IST
        • 1. Re: Support. what support????
          exbrit

Well they said that they had opened a case.  However, email support is by far the least efficient and slowest.

The Customer Service phone number for South Africa is 011 707 5566 and they deal with all account matters and can, if asked, connect you also with Technical Support.   But I see from our information that your location is Zambia so not sure if that number will work.

You could in that case use the online chat here:  https://service.mcafee.com/ContactCustomerService.aspx?lc=7177&sg=CS&pt=1

As far as Account access and downloading the software is concerned yes you are right, Digital River control the ZA website however, you can use the UK site to log into your account:  https://home.mcafee.com/secure/protected/login.aspx?  (Just check the country setting at the top and make sure it says United Kingdom).

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 04/06/14 9:06:52 EDT AM
          • 2. Re: Support. what support????
            jon.f

I am 2500 kilometers north of South Africa in Central Africa north of Zambia cannot dial there easily and they will not support software as purchased in Europe..What is strange is that when i try to log in from Mcafee.com after getting there it takes me to  Mcafee South Africa. My computers all have Uk versions of windows installed. I think that it is a political thing.

All i want to do is to download a copy of Mcafee to a usb stick and then to install. why is it so hard i wonder?

What is more annoying is Mcafee deleating my email reply twice on different days from their qualityAssurance team in India.

would love someone to read this that has some sort of authority at Mcafee.

• 3. Re: Support. what support????
              exbrit

I think that deletion thing must be a misprint as I don';t see why they would have any reason to do that.

I'll ask someone I know in support to contribute here as to why when logging into the UK site it redirects to South Africa.   My only thought on that is cookies have been set that way so deleting browser cookies might help.

Anyway I will email this person I know and ask them to help if possible.

• 4. Re: Support. what support????
                exbrit

BTW I moved this to "My Account Online" as a more appropriate spot for it.

• 5. Re: Support. what support????
                  selvan

Hi Jon F,

Am Investigating on this ; I have the contact details and you will contacted by someone from Support asap.

• 6. Re: Support. what support????
                    jon.f

i Please tell me when support weill happen as i am still waiting, i have a link to chat with mcafee online support but it does not work becuse of my location. it is not blocked at zambia end as i have checked with i-net the internet provider..

i can get to my mcafee account on my dell and see my liciences ticking away. but can only download one file on my dell and not on my other systems. i have at least five licicneces upon checking just now but the page url is blocked on lenovo and my hp machines. Guess dell have a special arrangement. what is so annoying is that i paid for three licicneces.

/ I fail to understanthe net books the mcafee powers that be stop the online downloads, we do not have dvd or cd drives here and paid for the licicneces on line so why can we not download

. Tried it again tonight as on a different computer and am still unable to download the program for my pc live on line even after formatting every one.

does mcafee want to refund all licicnce fees as this is worse than a joke

• 7. Re: Support. what support????
                      selvan

Hi Jon.f,

I will be sending you a Private Message Please respond so that we can proceed further..!

Regards

• 8. Re: Support. what support????
                        exbrit

I gather that this issue was solved by switching browsers to Chrome?   Not quite clear why this happened but I believe the problem is solved.

Is that correct?

• 9. Re: Support. what support????
                          jon.f

Hello from Africa, sorry it has taken me days to get a good signal to post

Just wanted to say thank you Peter for contacting Chinthani getting him involved.

Chinthani Selvan  managed to sort out the problem after several attempts as it seems that exporer is country specific. Christian also experienced the problems that i have first hand.,

There seems to be an issue depending on where the windows has been first supplied and country specific.

Installing Google Chrome sorted the problem as it allowed world wide country selection as Explorer seems ot have a mind of its own.

Many thanks to you both

Jon

1 2 Previous Next