2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2014 12:09 AM by exbrit

Artemis!FF70D4E62EEA

jrzella

Hi all -

I am new hear but, have been searching through the forums for some time.  I have recently come across this file "Artemis!FF70D4E62EEA" and have not found anything pertaining to it specifically.  The hit came from an ePO report and it is categorized as a "Malware detected" and as a "Trojan" threat type. 

Has anyone else seen it?  Any help, guidance, insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jeremy

• 1. Re: Artemis!FF70D4E62EEA
          catdaddy

You might get more appropiate attention to your issue, if you posted in the ePO Community.

Just a thought....

Wishing you the best,

• 2. Re: Artemis!FF70D4E62EEA
            exbrit

jrzella wrote:

Hi all -

I am new hear but, have been searching through the forums for some time.  I have recently come across this file "Artemis!FF70D4E62EEA" and have not found anything pertaining to it specifically.  The hit came from an ePO report and it is categorized as a "Malware detected" and as a "Trojan" threat type.

Has anyone else seen it?  Any help, guidance, insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Artemis is the name McAfee Labs give anything detected that is as yet unknown to the database.   That designation is unique to each such detection and means that a sample has already been submitted at the time of detection for their analysis.   If you know what it is all well and good but often these things are unknowns literally.

It could be real malware or it could be a false alarm, either way it takes a few days usually to be analysed.   If you feel it is the latter then do the following:

If something is identified, maybe wrongly as "Artemis" then McAfee already knows about it.  Merely send an email to virus_research@mcafee.com with the Artemis detection name and the words "False Artemis!++++++++++++" (where ++++++++++++ is the 12-digit code given to it) as the subject line. (Minus the "").

The File should be zipped and passworded with password infected