2 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2014 3:17 PM by catdaddy

Difference between KB958488 and 976932

r.rogers

I'll probably receive a scolding for this question..but after re-loading Windows, my Updates include TWO SP1 packages..

KB958488 (I call it the "Phantom"..because NO ONE at Microsoft can still explain why it lists no Installer-Name or any other info..

when viewed in Updates Installed.)

It's now time for me to install another SP1 (KB976932).

Question: Do YOU have both installed?

Thanks

R. Rogers

Windows 7 Home Premium  64bit

McAfee Security Suite (thru my Cable Provider, Cox)

• 1. Re: Difference between KB958488 and 976932
          Peter M

KB958488:  I show that that is an update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 on Windows - so it is totally separate from the other one.
          KB976932: that is service pack 1

However this isn't really the best place to ask.  I would ask your question on these forums:  http://www.sevenforums.com/

Installing a service pack can be tricky and it's recommended that you temporarily disable your antivirus until it is completed.

There's some help here:  https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-2205

My OS came with SP1 included so I don't show the service pack KB number.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 31/05/14 3:37:41 EDT PM
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Difference between KB958488 and 976932
            catdaddy

I can confirm that as Ex_Brit stated, that KB958488 is a Update for Microsoft.Net.Framework 3.5.1 SP1 for Windows. Upon reviewing my Update History, KB976932 was installed in September 2011 and is indeed the Sp1 for Windows 7 x64 .

As Ex_ Brit stated, installing can be tricky/lengthy. It even at times seems as though nothing is occuring. It took almost 45 minutes to install mine,if my memory is correct. By all means at the least,disable your McAfee Security Suite, and set to ( never ) until the update is installed. Then of course (Re-enable).

I think I even went as far as Uninstalling Mine,and reinstalled afterwards.

Anyway, just my 2 cents....

Not that Ex_Brit needed confirming of course, I just wanted to state that KB976932 was the same update

I installed.

Regards,

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 5/31/14 4:17:49 PM EDT