1 2 3 Previous Next 26 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2014 10:46 AM by ispalten

LiveSafe, Thunderbird 24.5.0, Newsgroups and Spam filters

ispalten

In a newsgroup, like MOZILLA.NEWS, and its support or TB newsgroup, MOZZILLA.SUPPORT.THUNDERBIRD, every single message is marked as [SPAM].Capture.JPG

Not only that, when bringing in the message headers from the newsgroup, it creates a McAfee Anti-Spam folder under MOZZILLA.NEWS as  well.

I can not see any setting to either disable this or filters causing this? Suggestions?

I'm on Win8.1 with the last update if that matters.

Thanks, Irv

• 1. Re: LiveSafe, Thunderbird 24.5.0, Newsgroups and Spam filters
          Peter M

Technical Support are aware there are problems with Thunderbird in several areas.   You might want to open a case with them on this.    It's free of charge and linked inder Useful Links at the top of this page.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 01/06/14 8:45:10 EDT AM
          • 2. Re: LiveSafe, Thunderbird 24.5.0, Newsgroups and Spam filters
            ispalten

Ex_Brit wrote:

Technical Support are aware there are problems with Thunbderbird in several areas.   You might want to open a case with them on this.    It's free of charge and linked inder Useful Links at the top of this page.

I tried to do that, the Tech Support link and the first thing you have to do is run the Virt. Tech. I ran into problems. Under FireFox it d/l's, installs, click run and I allow it, but nothing happens, UAC remains open and I can't click OK, it is greyed out? I then switch the page to IE 11, d/l's, installs. UAC actually closes this time after I press OK, but again, nothing happens? I can't click on  Contact Tech. Supt. until that runs it seems?

I un-installed MVT and installed it again it ran. However I was still in FF and Contact for a Chat doesn't work with FF it seems. Opens and closes. MVT also opened a blank page in FF (my default browser). Switched again to IE and started it from there. Says MVT can't process my computer?

I'm going to uninstall again and start over in IE. If it does, I'll report it, otherwise I'll use the phone.

• 3. Re: LiveSafe, Thunderbird 24.5.0, Newsgroups and Spam filters
              Peter M

Call Customer Service stating your difficulties prevent you accessing Technical Support and they should be able to connect you.

1-866-622-3911

• 4. Re: LiveSafe, Thunderbird 24.5.0, Newsgroups and Spam filters
                ispalten

I was surprised that it actually was hidden the connection. Didn't notice it immediately.

Went through about a 1/2 hour chat. End result after I showed them the problem with and without Anti-Spam was on. Tech decided I needed to delete McAfee, run the cleaner, and re-install (which he did). Guess what, NOTHING fixed.... was told to call back and give the incident number and have it escalated...sheesh...

• 5. Re: LiveSafe, Thunderbird 24.5.0, Newsgroups and Spam filters
                  Peter M

That's too bad but at least they are escalating it, which is good.

• 6. Re: LiveSafe, Thunderbird 24.5.0, Newsgroups and Spam filters
                    ispalten

Ex_Brit wrote:

That's too bad but at least they are escalating it, which is good.

They did this the last time (I've only had the computer for 1 month) when I noticed the Anti-Spam wasn't working and leaving the messages on my inbox... delete, run the cleaner, re-install, and retry and the problem remained. Was told there was probably a fix in the next update, and that did fix it.

Seems the first line of defense is the clean and re-install. That doesn't work, call back and we'll escalate? Don't they have a database to look at and see if anyone else has reported that? I hate to have to be on a long chat and have it done all over again, sigh.

Going to open a chat now and see what transpires....

• 8. Re: LiveSafe, Thunderbird 24.5.0, Newsgroups and Spam filters
                      ispalten

Ex_Brit wrote:

OK good luck.

Oh, this is what first happened:

=============

Hi Irv, my name is Sujith from McAfee Technical Support, and I will be assisting you today.

Stanley Sujith (11:50:06):

I will check the previous interaction now

Customer (11:50:18):

Stanley, you were the one working with me on that one.

Stanley Sujith (11:52:03):

Yes Irv

Stanley Sujith (11:52:58):

I will now check the issue with tier 2 representative.

==============

By 'luck' I got the same guy (he is still checking), but WHY didn't he do that the first time, see if this was a known problem or not? Why waste time with the uninstall, clean, reinstall?

• 9. Re: LiveSafe, Thunderbird 24.5.0, Newsgroups and Spam filters
                        Peter M

Procedures I guess, but you know now to insist on immediate escalation if an issue looks like it's not going to be solved off the bat.   They have rules to follow and to the user it can be rather frustrating I must admit.

1 2 3 Previous Next