6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2014 8:07 AM by SafeBoot

McAfee EEPC causing Windows 7 to boot into System Recovery mode

john_henrys_hammer

Hi there

First of all, let me make clear that I'm not by any means 100% certain McAfee EEPC (v 7.0.1.354) is to blame for the problems I am experiencing.

Here's the scenario:

We have deployed thousands of Windows 7 machines, each running our McAfee security products, including EEPC software encryption.

The problem I have is that around 10-15 seemingly healthy machines every week are booting into Windows 7 System Recovery mode.

Now, because decrypting from s/w encryption takes so long, we simply rebuild these machines wherever they are.

However the number of incidents is creeping up and I need (hope!) to find out what is causing this to occur so I can prevent it.

My question then is: what are the events which can cause McAfee EEPC to boot a Windows 7 machine into System Restore.

I have a list of such events which can cause BitLocker to do the same, but we don't use BitLocker we use EEPC.

Is there any McAfee logging I can check which will show why an EEPC encrypted Windows 7 pc booted into System Restore?

I'm certain there must be a McAfee log somewhere, however obscure, which can help resolve this.

Hoping someone can shed some light.

Regards,

John