3 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2014 6:55 AM by catdaddy

Mcafee blocking Java and Flash

guitarjunkie

How do I get it to stop blocking particular add-ons?  Java applets and Adobe Flashplayer (shockwave website)  are being blocked.  Very annoying.

• 1. Re: Mcafee blocking Java and Flash
          catdaddy

Are you by chance using Internet Explorer 11? If you have "Active X Filtering enabled" this will cause this to occur?

• 2. Re: Mcafee blocking Java and Flash
            guitarjunkie

No, happens with all browsers on all three of our home computers, on which Mcafee is installed on all three.

• 3. Re: Mcafee blocking Java and Flash
              catdaddy

When you manually go to install updates for (Adobe) Flash Player for instance. It stipulates that you may have to (Temporarily) disable your Ant-Virus. (Which I am always hesitant to do)  Having said this...I never have any issues Downloading/Installing such? And I leave my RTS on.

Do you have Your (Universal Plug and Play) checked in McAfee?

Also, you can open your McAfee Firewall,and temporarily (Turn Off ) Netguard to install your update.I advise to turn it back on afterwards.

In addition, check to see if the above mentioned programs have (Permission) to run.

Just one more thought, It may be that you need to check your (Global Security Settings) with-in Adobe itself?

All the Best,

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 5/29/14 7:55:25 AM EDT