3 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2014 1:44 AM by Richard Carpenter

Why the big difference in number of managed systems?

it.beliveo

Hello community,

I´ve been asigned to learn and administer McAfee ePO, here at my IT Department. So I´m pretty new to this software and I´m yet to learn a lot. The question of today is, why do I have a big difference in my managed systems between the Agent Communication Summary and DAT Deployment?

difference.png

Thank you,

best regards.

p.s Can anyone hit me up with some basic (maybe important-to-know) tutorials?

• 1. Re: Why the big difference in number of managed systems?
          Laszlo G

Hi it.beliveo, this depends on how the queries were made.

First of all you should tell which ePO version you're using and wich VirusScan versions are deployed becuase, by default, ePO 5.0 and 5.1 only show data for VSE 8.8

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Why the big difference in number of managed systems?
            it.beliveo

Hi Laszlo, thanks for your response.

I´m currently working on ePO 5.0, and using McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 and McAfee VirusScan Enterprise for linux 2.0. I just saw at the Software Manager tab that I have 21 updates due. So, I´m gonna take a closer look at this and update it to see if it has something to do (which I´m guessing it does). Any other suggestions I´ll be thankful to read.

Thank you again.

• 3. Re: Why the big difference in number of managed systems?
              Richard Carpenter

Hi,

Agent Comm compliance and DAT adoption reports both refer to different products.

The Agent comm report give you an indication how any of your agents (the managent and communication software) have been online in the past x days

tthe dat adoption report give you an indication which signature sets are present at you endpoint where VSE is installed.

It might be worth adding in a report to indicate how many managed endpoits have VSE installed to help you identify where you are still exposed.

regards

rich