So I changed the JRE back to the one prior to installing the hotfix and then I was able to bring up the web console and log in.
Just to test it, I changed it back to the hotfix version (Update 55) and it broke again.
Then I changed it back again to the prior version and it worked.
So it must have something to do with the JRE that came with the hotfix.
I was having the similar issue and I resolved it by reinstalling the HF962154 .exe .
mikead - I just reinstalled and same errors.
You have to set disable startup for: McAfee Application Server, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator Server and McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator Event Parser. Then restart server, after that run ePOHF962154.exe as "administrator".
When hotfix is installed, wait for services up and set automatic for startup type.
If you're feeling brave, install ePO 4.6.8 instead.
It was my mistake not 'disable' but 'manual'
I'm not feeling brave. Haha.
Even though I didn't think it would work, I followed your instructions and it worked!
There were a bunch of things that I did prior to following your instructions so I can't say with full confidence that your solution was the only thing that fixed it, but because after doing what you said, it started up successfully so I'm going with that as the correct answer!
Here's some of the things that I tried prior to kmacko's post:
1) Installed latest SQL Server 2008 SP3 Cumulative Updates.
2) During the SQL Server updates, I had to add my admin account to the following security policy settings (I had to add the individual admin user, not the Administrators group):
Backup files and directories
Manage auditing and security log
Restore files and directories
Take ownership of files or other objects
After the SQL server update, it still didn't work so then I tried kmacko's solution and now it's good!