5 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2014 3:18 PM by marlonmv

VPN site to site MFE and Cisco

marlonmv

Hi, I'm trying a vpn site to site between a MFE 8.3.1 and a cisco asa, but when it's tying to enter in phase 2, it shows the following error:

[detailed info]   [error]     QUICK_MODE exchange terminated - QUICK_MODE exchange processing failed  [error]     Failed to validate QUICK mode payloads  [error]     policy mismatch    [remote proposal]         protocol: ESP        spi(4): |bdeb33cb|          protocol: ESP, version: 1, encryption: AES:256, integ: SHA1, ESN: OFF,           encapsulation: TUNNEL    [local policy]       protocol: ESP, zone: 1, options: [ESN], version: 1, encryption: AES:256,       integ: SHA1, ESN: ON, encapsulation: TUNNEL

Any idea??

• 1. Re: VPN site to site MFE and Cisco
          marlonmv

also had this error

[detailed info]   [error]     MAIN_MODE exchange terminated - IPsec exchange error threshold exceeded

• 2. Re: VPN site to site MFE and Cisco
            sliedl

[detailed info]   [error]     QUICK_MODE exchange terminated - QUICK_MODE exchange processing failed 

[error]     Failed to validate QUICK mode payloads 

[error]     policy mismatch   

[remote proposal]  protocol: ESP spi(4): |bdeb33cb| protocol: ESP, version: 1, encryption: AES:256, integ: SHA1, ESN: OFF,  encapsulation: TUNNEL   

[local policy]       protocol: ESP, zone: 1, options: [ESN], version: 1, encryption: AES:256,       integ: SHA1, ESN: ON, encapsulation: TUNNEL

(The difference in the outputs is bolded and underlined)

I believe ESN means "Extended sequence numbers".  On the McAfee firewall this is ON and I believe there is a way to turn it off via the GUI.  You could also try turning it ON via the Cisco side and the tunnel should connect.

• 3. Re: VPN site to site MFE and Cisco
              marlonmv

ok, i turn it off, and now i have this error

[detailed info]   [error]     QUICK_MODE exchange processing failed  [error]     invalid request for QUICK_MODE exchange, no IKE SA exists which matches request

Thanks for all the help

• 4. Re: VPN site to site MFE and Cisco
                sliedl

"Quick Mode" is for phase 2.  The error "invalid request for QUICK_MODE exchange, no IKE SA exists which matches request" means that there is no phase 1 Security Association (IKE SA) for this phase 2 packet.  This means the other side of the tunnel has a phase 1 SA already and is trying to do phase 2.  Restart the tunnel on the far side and they should start the IPSec process over.

• 5. Re: VPN site to site MFE and Cisco
                  marlonmv

I restart my MFE and it work, thans