2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2015 2:51 AM by palex

Trying to Block Internal SD Card Reader

cdobol

I have a situation where it appears I am unable to block an internal SD Card reader with DLP.  The hardware is a Panasonic CF-N9 running DLP verison 9.1.0.52 (yes, I know almost EOL).  The issue appears to be that the SD/MMC controller is an unmanageable class (IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, 4d36e96a-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318).  Since this appears to be an unmanageable class, I'm not sure if I will be able to block it.

I will be upgrading the machine  to the latest version, 9.3.200.23 but not sure if it will help since its an unmanageable class.  Any one else have this situation?  Any solutions?

badclass.jpg

• 1. Re: Trying to Block Internal SD Card Reader
          bphang

What is the device instance path value?

I have successfully block similar Ricoh SD controller in the past on a Dell laptop.

• 2. Re: Trying to Block Internal SD Card Reader
            palex

Hi, cdobol!

Usually, when you connect a card reader, there are several events in dlp. They should be close to the manager incidents. Try to block other devices, such as the controller or reader itself.

As I noted, blocking devices - it's a lottery: you're lucky, no luck. Normal and 100% working version for this dlp I do not know.

I can offer this option yet. Enable Rule PnP to monitor all devices. Then divide them: the first - not the monitor, the latter - are blocked, and others - are monitored. But block controllers on computers, as opposed to laptops is very dangerous - when locking the controller computer blue screen of death. Treatment - enter in safe mode and update the computer policy, removing the lock from the controller.