6 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2014 2:53 AM by Richard Carpenter

McAfee Deployment

Bob Naicker

Hi

I am new to the application and when I try to push the agent to devices it is failing.

I cannot ping the devices, cannot RDP, cannot connect to the admin $ share.

How can you push the new client 

• 1. Re: McAfee Deployment
          Hayton

If you're pushing a McAfee deployment to multiple endpoints this is a question about a Corporate product not the Consumer one. What McAfee product have you got installed?

• 2. Re: McAfee Deployment
            Bob Naicker

pushing out Agent 4.8.0 and therafter 8.8 virus scan

• 3. Re: McAfee Deployment
              Peacekeeper

Moved to corporate area put it in VSE area though if you think EPO area better ask.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 12/05/14 6:12:28 PM
              • 4. Re: McAfee Deployment
                llamamecomoquieras

Hi Bob,

The minimum requirements to deploy the Agent from epo are:

1) To have C$ enable

2) Ping the machine

3) Admin privilegies

4) Windows firewall disabled in ePO and client computer (if you dont want to disable you should need to create exclusions for ports 443, 80, 8081,8082)

If you do not meet this, you can create a installation package from ePO following the next steps:

- Go to System tree

- Click on System tree actions

- Click on New systems

- Select create and download agent installation package without credentials and click OK

- Save the package FramePkg

Try to install this package locally in the machine and it will communicate with ePO

You can take the same package in the ePO server from

C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\Software\Current\EPOAGENT3000\Install\0409\

I hope this can help you to deploy successfully the McAfee Agent

Best regards,

• 5. Re: McAfee Deployment
                  pato

To push the client you also need firewall access from the EPO to the Client on the usual Windows File Sharing port(s), if you have a firewall between the EPO and the Clients. TCP/445 should suffice, but we also have TCP/135, TCP/139,UDP/135 and UDP/137 (besides the ones mentioned by Jose Maria).

• 6. Re: McAfee Deployment
                    Richard Carpenter

Hi,

Although obvious, it may be worth checking with your network team also to check that any Network Firewalls also allow these ports given some of them are not in the 'well known' range.

Rich