2 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2014 11:28 PM by joaoantonio

Incoming network connection suspicion blocked - Don´t know the reasons

joaoantonio

Hello,

I have McAfee Internet Security and since the day April 09, 2014 McAfee is reporting that has been blocked about 48125 incoming connections.
      They originate from external IPs , below are the following examples that exists in the reports :
      177.159.181.162 , tried to connect to my computer via the TCP port 51983
      177.159.181.162 , tried to connect to my computer via the TCP port 51982
      177.159 181 161 , tried to connect to my computer via the TCP port 51393
      65.52.103.247 tried to connect to my computer via the TCP port 51202
      161.69.12.13 , tried to connect to computer PC via the TCP port 49891 .

I contacted the local dealer of my equipment and he asked to run another Anti Malware program, but don´t  found anything wrong.
      He also requested the logfile of the Msinfo32.exe and still but found nothing and yet the problem persists .
      I checked the running programs and was no big deal in my computer.

The local technical support from McAfee also failed to understand the reasons , they believe it to be a request for applications that I have in my computer, but I do not agree because it started happening since the beginning of April and I use this computer for much longer .

Soon , I come here to the forum asking for help from an expert to see what 's going on and discover the origin of attempted connections to stop trying to access my PC.

I appreciate any help that you provide me.

• 1. Re: Incoming network connection suspicion blocked - Don´t know the reasons
          Hayton

177.159.181.162 , tried to connect to my computer via the TCP port 51983

177.159.181.162 , tried to connect to my computer via the TCP port 51982

177.159 181 161 , tried to connect to my computer via the TCP port 51393

Unknown : Global Village Telecom, Brazil

65.52.103.247 tried to connect to my computer via the TCP port 51202

This is Microsoft

161.69.12.13 , tried to connect to computer PC via the TCP port 49891

This is McAfee

Many incoming connections are from advertising and tracking companies. Whenever you see an advertisement on a web page the browser makes a connection to the advertising company's website. Even if you see nothing there may be code in the web page that connects to other companies in order to record and track your movements.

If you install a few add-ons in your browser it is possible to reduce the number of these third-party connections considerably. Try these two, and search for any others that your browser offers

- Abine's DoNotTrackMe (from abine.com)

- AdBlock (from getadblock.com)

Blocking advertisements and trackers will reduce the number of incoming connections, but there will still be many. It is useful to be able to identify the company making the connection, and if you have the IP address then something like utrace or whatismyipaddress will look up the ISP and the organisation associated with that address. There are many similar tools - just Google for "IP address lookup" and you'll see hundreds of sites offering that service.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Incoming network connection suspicion blocked - Don´t know the reasons
            joaoantonio

Hello Hayton,

You have answered my doubt.
            If all of these connection entry are only about the advertising, I will don´t have any reason to be worried then, so I will not install the add-ons that you suggest for now.
            I checked these IP using whatismyipaddress and recgonized these IP owners, but in that moment I still don´t understand why my McAfee are launching so many alerts since that day.

Thank you for your support and attention.
            Best regards,
            João