1 2 Previous Next 14 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2014 8:53 AM by Peter M

Has our Email Notification Preference Changed?

catdaddy

Although I have my settings to "send me a notification" to my Email account, when a response to one of my posts-Discussion has been made.For the past couple of days, this has not been the case? I have changed nothing. The issues with "Error Prompts" , "Resolving links", have seemingly been addressed,

For I have not experienced such, since yesterdays instance.

Much Appreciation,

• 1. Re: Has our Email Notification Preference Changed?
          Peter M

I don't seem to be getting any either.   Probably another Jive glitch that has to be checked out.  Someone will spot this soon, hopefully.

• 2. Re: Has our Email Notification Preference Changed?
            Peter M

Just found out that many people are not getting ANY mail.....those, like me, that use Spamcop Email Filtering Service especially, but there may be a problem somewhere on the web too.   Will post again if I hear anything.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Has our Email Notification Preference Changed?
              tiffany

Please provide an example (name and link) of community from where you would normally receive notifications.

Thanks.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Has our Email Notification Preference Changed?
                catdaddy

Hi Tiffani,

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Please pardon me,If I seemingly "Rush" my response,as the weather is Tornadic as I type. (I live in the South)...all these storms of late.

Okay here goes,

1- Home and Office-Discussions

2- Security Awareness-Discussions

3-Malware -Discussions

4- Community User Interface-Help

Basically all throughout the Forum, if you will.

I just checked my (Mail) to see if your and Ex_Brit,s reply was there, unfortunately not.

Any assistance in regards to this issue, would be sincerely appreciated.

Kind Regards,

CD

Edited for Typos

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 4/30/14 11:46:15 AM CDT
                • 5. Re: Has our Email Notification Preference Changed?
                  Peter M

There's an online rumour of a major email outage in the US mid-west, if that may have something to do with this in your case CD?

In my case it's my spam filtering service, Spamcop, they have a server outage so all my mail is trapped in lim\bo somewhere in Georgia I believe.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 30/04/14 12:57:50 EDT PM
                  • 6. Re: Has our Email Notification Preference Changed?
                    tiffany

Which client are you using? I hope all is well down south, Cliff.

• 7. Re: Has our Email Notification Preference Changed?
                      catdaddy

Hi Tiffani,

I am using AOL Webmail,configured SMTP. Coincidentally I received correspondence from Aol, this afternoon that they are investigating a Compromise of (2%) of there customer Database, and suggested users to change their passwords/Security Questions/ and to Reset all.

I immediately ran my Email address through "PwnedList", "LastPass", to see if mine had indeed been one of the (2%)...Both the reputable sites,gave me a clean bill of health, meaning evidentally I am not of the (2%). Just in case, I did as requested..(Same Email Address) as listed in my profile.

I might add, that this was accomplished by users opening "Spoofed" emails.

I cannot say for certain, if this has contributed to my issues? As for my well-being, just tired from lack of sleep,and property damage with Down trees. Thank you your concern. We have been more fortunate than many others, in comparison. My heart goes out to those.

Sorry for being so "Long Winded". I,ll check back later, as I have to shut down once again,as we supposedly have (1) more round of storms pushing through. Again, thank you so very much for your prompt assistance, and attention to this matter.

Kind Regards,

Cliff

I have done everything Technically possible on my end. However I am still experiencing difficulty in receiving "Email Notifications".

I can live with it for now, as I am hoping the new upgrade forthcoming will correct this issue.

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 5/13/14 3:27:28 PM CDT
                      • 8. Re: Has our Email Notification Preference Changed?
                        catdaddy

I apologise for creating a new thread, however I felt my "Edit" above would get more attention.

I must clarify....Not that it hasn,t already. Simply meaning that the issue still exists. As stated, hopefully with the forthcoming

upgrade, it will resolve my problem.

Regards,

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 5/13/14 10:06:43 PM CDT
                        • 9. Re: Has our Email Notification Preference Changed?
                          Peacekeeper

Strange as mine are working perfectly

1 2 Previous Next