3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2014 8:45 AM by SafeBoot

SSO and Admin Password Reset

maciekl123

Helo,

I am looking for solution for weird issue (i think that this is issue)

I have ePO 5.0.1 and EEPC 7.0.2.

I turned on the SSO funcionality.

I need to check all possible scenarios with this and i find that when i use Admin Password Recovery (Password reset) i need to type password to windows.

I is really weird, cuz when i use SSO i have only one password, ad when the user forgot it i need to do password reset.

So why i have to type password for windows when i forgot it????

Thx for help.

• 1. Re: SSO and Admin Password Reset

Because resetting the pre-boot password also resets the stored windows credentials. Since you've forgotten the (preboot+windows) password this makes perfect sense - if EEPC remembered your (forgotten) windows password, how would you know what it is when it came time to change it?

• 2. Re: SSO and Admin Password Reset
            maciekl123

Thank you for expaination, but it don't have sense for me.

User can forgot his passowrd. I SSO use one credential there is no way to login to windows in offline mode.

I know that when user is online it should not be a problem, because I can reset password in EEPC and AD, but when user is offline there is a problem because, he cannot correctly login to Windows.

As i remember when i first time test SSO functionality with 7.0 and ePO 5.0 i could do password reset without windows login prompt.

Is there any other way to set this??

I think hat this is really big problem to use SSO while this situation exist.

• 3. Re: SSO and Admin Password Reset

You need to use whatever method you used to reset offline Windows passwords prior to installing EEPC.