3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2014 7:19 PM by catdaddy

Artemis!AF3BD1607B94

claydub

This is a game trainer for Command & Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath. It injects code in order to override the game processes so that i can cheat. It is completely harmless and should not be blocked as i have used other trainers for other games from the same website (cheathappens.com) and McAfee has not quarantined them without me being able to restore them. Please remove this from the scan for being a threat. Thank you

Also the file can be downloaded from here: http://www.cheathappens.com/13432-PC-Command_Conquer_3_Kanes_Wrath_cheats

it is the second to last trainer download under the name "COMMAND & CONQUER 3: KANE'S WRATH MEGA TRAINER"

I'm not sure whether you have to be a paid member to download or not.

Kanes Wrath Trainer.exe

Artemis!AF3BD1607B94

• 1. Re: Artemis!AF3BD1607B94
          catdaddy

Hi claydub,

Welcome to McAfee Communities. If you feel certain that this detection is False.  Here are some guidelines and procedures to follow to inform McAfee.

Here is the Link:https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

I might add also, since McAfee detected the file mentioned here-in/above as you listed. It may would be wise to not insert it in your posts.

In addition, I just checked out the sites you mentioned. Site Advisor Live is showing (Safe) for all of the above.

It could be the case that it has been deemed safe since your last Download attempt?

Also  after doing a search did reveal (other) URL,S that were rated "Dangerous" when seeking the mentioned download above.

However, not the particular one you seeked to obtain yours from?

Hope this helps,

All the very best,

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 4/17/14 11:33:28 PM CDT
          • 2. Re: Artemis!AF3BD1607B94
            claydub

Hello catdaddy i have emailed virus_research@mcafee.com about the issue, do you know how long they may take to respond? And no i just checked and McAfee is still deeming the download as an Artemis and quaratining the file.

• 3. Re: Artemis!AF3BD1607B94
              catdaddy

Hi claydub,

I would give them the appropiate time to analyze (4-5) buisness days, the least. After submittal you should receive an Analysis ID #. Could you please kindly post that, and it is quite possible that someone from McAfee Labs could expedite the process.

The Moderators have contacts if it is by chance not resolved, in a timely matter. You have to take into consideration just how many detections the Labs take in (Daily) alone. 

All the Best,

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 4/18/14 7:19:08 PM CDT