Moved to SaaS for better support as that is what I think you are using. If not I will move it again.
Please follow the below steps to exclude the File/Folder from scanning,
1. Login into your Security center 'www.mcafeeasap.com'
2. Click on 'Policies' | Add Policy (name it as desired)
3. Select Virus and Spyware Protection | under SpywareProtection mode select 'Reports'
4. Now, select the Exclude Files and Folders tab
5. Select the type and then enter the location or the path of the particular file which you want to exclude from McAfee scanning.
6. Save the policy and run a manual update on your computer, then check for the issue.
Right click on the M-icon on the system tray, click on 'Update Now' to run a manual update.
I've the same issue when try to create a sqlite file.
Could we have a real solution from mcafee, cause ignore file isn't a real longtime solution, from your program and not by not scanning file.
5 years that this issue has been reported... so pro