Dont indicate an issue (as authentication did not fail).
8,0 indicates there might have been a problem talking to the DC.
On the problem machines, is it constant or intermittent? if contstant, I would check the users "stored usernames and passwords" on the problem machines.
unfortunately the issue is intermittent...
I already checked against stored password...
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Even i had the same issue, i have rejoined both the DCs(Which i used) by completly removing it from MWG-->Config-->Windows Domain membership (Down time required). And even try to capture wireshark logs in client PC when the issue arrives it will help u alot.
Also verify whether system is really into domain ( run+cmd and set).
Message was edited by: apta on 4/10/14 2:27:03 AM CDT
NTLM authentication issue:
I verified everything and at the end I found out that the issue was occurring only with old browser version (IE and Firefox)
What I did then I took a trace of the machine and verified that there was a media type application/xcfs (Relatime) that was trying to authenticate.
I created an exclusion at the authentication level for media type and the situation changed a lot.
Regarding the NTLM cache what happened was that around the organization there were lots of installation of NOKIA OVI MANAGER.....
This tool was doing thousand of authentication (failing because NTLm authentication is not supported)
Put ovi.nokia.com website in blacklist sort out the issue....