1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2014 2:53 AM by andrej_b

Web Gateway blocks my site

andrej_b

Hello,

i have this issue with  McAfee Web Gateway:

It blocks my site - thinks it's a Spam URLs*, Malicious Downloads.

I checked my server content, found some harmfull stuff - deleted it. checked with my ftp provider and all seems all right from my side.

But the issue's still present.

I checked the site using McAfee's threat center web service - no threat has been found.

When i'm on a different network, everything works fine.

Is there a way how mark the site as a "non-harmful" one?

• 1. Re: Web Gateway blocks my site
          asabban

Hello,

I checked Trusted Source and Threat Center for an entry for "www.c-qnz.sk", but I did not receive any negative results. I also accesses through a Web Gateway and was able to access. Is it possible to post a screenshot of the error message you encounter in the browser?

Best,

Andre

• 2. Re: Web Gateway blocks my site
            andrej_b

Hi Andre,

thanks for your reply and checking my site thougrough your web gateway.

I forgot to mentioned that i'm trying to access my site from my work's network.

If your gateway doesn't sees my site as a threat i guess our IT guys have to update our network's gateway, right?

Appologies if this sounds like a noob quesion

• 3. Re: Web Gateway blocks my site
              asabban

Hello,

no problem. An update could be required, but it is hard to tell. I have checked that the website is not categorized at all at the moment, so it might be blocked because it has no category (depending on what your IT guys set up), but this won't give you some output like "Spam URL" or similar. If is is possible for you you could try accessing the web site from your works network and attach a screenshot of the error message here. Maybe this helps to understand what block is applied.

Since MWG is very flexible to configure it is hard to make a good guess what is happening :-)

Best,

Andre

• 4. Re: Web Gateway blocks my site
                andrej_b

Hi,

well i won't be on my work's network for a few days so i can't provide any screenshot right now. But all the message says is basicly that MGW blocked my site because of the reasons marked with an asterix. Underneath is my nt login, my ip, my website's name and IP and the reasons: Spam URLs*, Malicious downloads. And in the bottom right corner is name of the proxy server i'm currently on.

Is there a chance that MWG will update it's filter/white lists automatically in the future or will the IT have to do it?

• 5. Re: Web Gateway blocks my site
                  asabban

Okay, it took me a while but I think I see what the problem is. It looks strange to me so I have to talk to some people internally, but I will do so and I am relatively sure that we have to do some modification over here and your website will show up fine soon without interaction. I will update the thread once I got more.

Best,

Andre

• 6. Re: Web Gateway blocks my site
                    andrej_b

Hi Andre,

thanks for your support, much appreciated

• 7. Re: Web Gateway blocks my site
                      asabban

Hello,

we made some adjustments and placed the website to an appropriate category (Entertainment). It will usually take a few hours until the changes become visible, so I will check the result later. So far we have removed some malicious paths which were no longer existing and added some missing categorization information. Lets see what the result is later this day :-)

best,

Andre

• 8. Re: Web Gateway blocks my site
                        asabban

On my MWG the website became accessible now. Please check if the website works for you as well.

Note: If you are still blocked and the category is now indicated as "Entertainment" you need to ask your local IT guys for help, because in that case the Entertainment category is denied on your workplace.

Best,

Andre

• 9. Re: Web Gateway blocks my site
                          andrej_b

Hey Andre,

wow, this is great!

I'll check it out tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks again for the support.

1 2 Previous Next