1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 8, 2014 3:10 PM by dcobes

Tags are updated dinamically and removed if not applicable through Tag catalog?

ppoi

Hey Guys,

I've implemented a Tag thorugh "Tag Catalog" in our customer that analyses if a laptop is using an internal IP or not. If it is, it is Tagged as "Internal IP", if not, it is Tagged as "External IP".

When I applied the Tags, some systems were included in both tags, however I have a doubt.

When a laptop tagged with "Internal IP" is used outside the company, it will lose its previous tag and gain the "External IP" tag and vice-versa?

If it doesn't work, what should I do to the ePO identifies when the system is inside or outside the company?

Thank you very much!

Paulo Poi

• 1. Re: Tags are updated dinamically and removed if not applicable through Tag catalog?
          dcobes

If I'm understanding this correctly, you have the following questions:

01 - What to do when duplicate tags are shown, but don't match the criteria?

02 - If a tag "Internal IP" leaves and should then be "External IP", does this happen automatically?

03 - What if the automatic epo tag ninja doesn't work?

my personal opinions:

01 - I have seen this in my environment. The cause I don't know exactly, but I just clear ALL applied tags for that system and let the next ASCII re-determine the matching criteria.

02 - If you have your criteria set properly AND have the tag criteria to check on EACH ASCII.

03 - If the tags aren't working properly, you could always create two System tree groups -- Internal Assets, External Assets with the IP criteria for the group. Then just make sure to setup an Auto-sort every so often.

-d