2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2014 8:48 AM by mllsatyanarayana

How to check autoupdate schedule on macafee client  system using commandline or using powershell

mllsatyanarayana

Hi I am new to this community.

any one can help  on How to check autoupdate schedule  time on macafee client system  using commandline or using powershell

i want to check schdule time for 1000 servers,using graphically it is taking  lot of time, by default it is schudled at 5:00 pm.whwn i viewed GUI.

thanks in advance if any one gives solution for this

Thanks and Regards

Satya

Message was edited by: mllsatyanarayana on 03/04/14 08:15:33 CDT
        • 1. Re: How to check autoupdate schedule on macafee client  system using commandline or using powershell
          wwarren

Some ideas -

1. Use the %deflogdir%\Update.txt file

It'll contain strings like -

4/3/2014        7:41:58 PM      NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM     Update Finished

...which tells you when the update ran. And/Or

1/17/2014    7:07:27 AM    NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM    Starting DAT update.

...which tells you when the update started.

Retrieving the last instance of the "Starting DAT update" string will tell you when the last update was attempted.

2. Use the Agent's task (*.ini) configuration file

[< Vista] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\Task

[>=Vista] C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\Task

The exact .ini file you wish to inspect is the one for the Update task you are interested in.

For example, VSE's default autoupdate task is always named: {A14CD6FC-3BA8-4703-87BF-E3247CE382F5}.ini

This section and line item within the .ini file tells you if the task is Enabled and Scheduled (if Enabled = 1 then you know it is scheduled)

[Settings]

Enabled=1

The [Schedule] section of the .ini file tells you "when" it is going to run. Unfortunately the info is not in friendly text; it'll require some translation of values which I don't have readily available, but perhaps you get the idea.

3. Use the Registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE[\Wow6432Node]\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\VIRUSCAN8800*

"DatInstallDate" will contain a string in the format:  yyyymmddhhmmss

* The VIRUSCAN8800 key is unique to VSE 8.8.  You'll find this key resembles the installed version, e.g. VIRUSCAN8700 if 8.7i is installed.

• 2. Re: How to check autoupdate schedule on macafee client  system using commandline or using powershell
            mllsatyanarayana

Thnaks wwarren much Appriciated.

some i got idea.we have scanned all our servers and found few of our servers AVDdat is not updating

Thanks & Regards

Satya