9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2014 1:49 PM by aaaguirrep

Error upgrading emm 11 to 12

aaaguirrep

Hello,

I have updated the emm version 11 to version 12 but i had a problem when i was updating the emm hub. I attached the error message in the proccess updated and the error messages in the ePO dashboard. I have uninstalled the emm hub and install again but the problem exist. The emm hub and emm proxy are in different servers.

In the emm proxy didnt exists error.

Please, i hope that you can help me.

Thank.

Arsenio.

Not display the EMM Setting

Error ePO EMM.jpg

Error messages in ePO dashboard.

Error ePO.jpg

Error upgrading emm hub.

Error Install 12.jpg

• 1. Re: Error upgrading emm 11 to 12
          Pmaquoi

i have the same error on my EMM 11 patch 4 system

As i'm in a early adopter program, i have contact with McAfee to resolve this upgrade error. I have a call conference about this tomorrow evening Belgium time. i think, as our trouble is the same, that you need to open a  support case for this. i'll post the result of  the conf call with mcafee here.

• 2. Re: Error upgrading emm 11 to 12
            aaaguirrep

Thank you Pmaquoi for response. I opened a support case in mcafee but i dont have solutions. Luck with the problem. If you have solution please post in this case.

• 3. Re: Error upgrading emm 11 to 12
              Pmaquoi

i'll have a conference call with the dev team this evening (In 4 hours) so if a slution is found, i'll post it here

• 4. Re: Error upgrading emm 11 to 12
                Pmaquoi

Solution has been found by the EMM Devs team (Early support program)

On my IIS config, there was an incorrect bindings where the local site was binded to my ip adress.

this is the summary

IIS     website that hosts EMM Hub component was bound to an IP address (of the     same machine). EMM Installer tries to access EMM Hub on “localhost” (https://localhost/EMMHub/). Since the     customer’s website was bound to an IP, the Hub was not accessible via “https://localhost/EMMHub”. If the     installer cannot access this page, it fails to run the subsequent actions     and rolls back the upgrade.

The     resolution in this case was to un-assign the IP address in IIS and set the     binding to “All”. In this configuration EMM Hub can be accessed via     localhost address.  After making this change, we were able to     successfully upgrade the server.

• 5. Re: Error upgrading emm 11 to 12
                  aaaguirrep

Thank you, at present i uninstalled the emm 12 because isn't compatible with exchange 2003. I am installing the emm 11 but have problem. I he opened a ticket in service request of MCafee and hope have the same support as you. I have the next question: Can you tell me the contact support of mcafee to write about the problem?

Thank for reponse the discussion.

• 6. Re: Error upgrading emm 11 to 12
                    Pmaquoi

This was a contact for Early support program reserved to early 12th version adoption. This support is granted during two monthes following the RTW date. For a 11th version, this support channel isn’t competent as i know. Teams are different. You need to use the normal support. Try to shorter the escalation by gaining some time. Join a mer from all epo and emm server for example. Even if it is not required yet.

Whait is the problem exactly ? i met some a few monthes ago during my 11th installation.

• 7. Re: Error upgrading emm 11 to 12
                      aaaguirrep

I am installing the emm hub and have the next error. I check the log but dont find the error. Do you have skype account?? My account is: arsenio.aguirre1. Add me. Thank you.

ErrorInstallEMMHub.jpg

• 8. Re: Error upgrading emm 11 to 12

Hi Aaaguirrep,

Have you contacted support yet? if you have not done that yet I would suggest you do, there is a log file created when you run the install and that should provide the support agent with more details as to why the hub failed to upgrade/install. it's Difficult to say what may be causing the failure without the proper loggs and maybe even a remote session.

thanks,

AJ

• 9. Re: Error upgrading emm 11 to 12
                          aaaguirrep

Yes, i have the ticket at support center 4-5571255657 but dont have the solution. i have sent mer, deployment help, pictures, and log install about emm hub installation/server but the error continue. Initially the error in the log was solved for mine reading the kb79211. If you can help me, please send me the solution. Thank you.

At present the error in log is:

Action ended 13:42:23: InstallFinalize. Return value 1.

MSI (s) (F4:28) [13:42:23:636]: Doing action: InstallSFI

Action start 13:42:23: InstallSFI.

MSI (s) (F4:DC) [13:42:23:767]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\Windows\Installer\MSIFE3.tmp, Entrypoint: InstallSFI

SFXCA: Extracting custom action to temporary directory: C:\Windows\Installer\MSIFE3.tmp-\

SFXCA: Binding to CLR version v2.0.50727

Calling custom action HubCustomActions!HubCustomActions.HubActions.InstallSFI

Beginning InstallSFI

Got Hub Server property - localhost

Preparing to call InstallAddOn

Preparing to create binding

Preparing to create endpoint

Preparing to create client

Created client

Calling hub to install addon - C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\EMMPlatform\EMMHub\SFI.zip

InstallSFI failed to install the SFI

The content type text/html; charset=utf-8 of the response message does not match the content type of the binding (text/xml; charset=utf-8). If using a custom encoder, be sure that the IsContentTypeSupported method is implemented properly. The first 1024 bytes of the response were: '<html>

<head>

<title>Padding is invalid and cannot be removed.</title>

<style>

body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;}

p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px}

b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px}

H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red }

H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon }

pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em}

.marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;}

.version {color: gray;}

.error {margin-bottom: 10px;}

.expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; }

</style>

</head>

<body bgcolor="white">

<span><H1>Server Error in '/EMMHub' Application.<hr width=100% size=1 color=silver></H1>

<h2> <i>Paddi'.

Server stack trace:

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelUtilities.ValidateRequestReplyResponse( HttpWebRequest request, HttpWebResponse response, HttpChannelFactory factory, WebException responseException, ChannelBinding channelBinding)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelR equest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.RequestChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object ins, Object outs, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object ins, Object outs)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessa ge methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at

Server stack trace:

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelUtilities.ValidateRequestReplyResponse( HttpWebRequest request, HttpWebResponse response, HttpChannelFactory factory, WebException responseException, ChannelBinding channelBinding)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelR equest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.RequestChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object ins, Object outs, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object ins, Object outs)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessa ge methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at HubCustomActions.ConsoleBootstrap.IConsoleBootstrap.AutoInstallAddOn(String fileName)

at HubCustomActions.HubActions.InstallSFI(Session session):

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at HubCustomActions.ConsoleBootstrap.IConsoleBootstrap.AutoInstallAddOn(String fileName)

at HubCustomActions.HubActions.InstallSFI(Session session)

CustomAction InstallSFI returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

Action ended 13:43:06: InstallSFI. Return value 3.

Action ended 13:43:06: INSTALL. Return value 3.