5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2014 7:03 AM by Tristan

Realation between epo and IIS

sagar666

Hi Guys,

I am monitoring Mcafee installed or not by using

IP:8081 in browser.

But when comes to IIS installed clients i am failed to detecting by using below technique

IP:8081

Is there any other way to detect mcafee installed or not even IIS installed. Please help on this

Note: I cant do any changes in clients because I dont have any Credentials.

• 1. Re: Realation between epo and IIS
          sagar666

Any solution ???

• 2. Re: Realation between epo and IIS
            sagar666

Hi mcafee experts any update??

• 3. Re: Realation between epo and IIS
              Tristan

Depends.

- Is the McAfee agent installed and running correctly on these servers running IIS?

- Is one of the websites that IIS is hosting already using port 8081?

- Do these servers running IIS have their firewall activated?

Rather than hittings ports are you able to see files on these computers. If so one detection method would be to check the agent install file location or the log file locations?

C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\DB  is the location of the log file on Win7

McScript.log or Agent_<computername>.log are good files to watch. Checking the modified dates on these files would show whether the agent was installed and running.

• 4. Re: Realation between epo and IIS
                sagar666

Hi,

We cant see log files as u know i already said i dont have credentials of any clients .

- Is the McAfee agent installed and running correctly on these servers running IIS?

Yes

- Is one of the websites that IIS is hosting already using port 8081?

I dont know

Do these servers running IIS have their firewall activated?

firewall disbled in all clients

• 5. Re: Realation between epo and IIS
                  Tristan

Then you need to speak to your ePO admin and see what 'special' policies have been applied to these servers.

One possibility is that they have a separate agent policy applied to them that has the 'Accept connections only from the ePO server' option ticked in the 'General' agent policy section.