1 2 Previous Next 14 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2014 5:38 PM by Peter M

New to Site and Need Help Please

kytchenwytch

Can someone please tell me how to change the level of my security to allow my Tupperware site to come up on my computer? I am able to get it on another computer in the house as well as on my phone. I need to know this to get my business running.  Thank you very much.

• 1. Re: New to Site and Need Help Please
          Peter M

What McAfee software are you using so I can redirect this to the right section?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: New to Site and Need Help Please
            kytchenwytch

I hope this is the answer you need Ex-Brit:  Anti-Virus Plus 2014

• 3. Re: New to Site and Need Help Please
              Peter M

OK, I've moved this provisionally to the General Discussion area but can move it later to something better.  I have to know what exaclty happens when you try to go to your web site & if you could give the URL for it, I might have some idea of what's going on.

• 5. Re: New to Site and Need Help Please
                Peter M

Just an FYI, don't mark an answer as correct until your problem is solved, that way it keeps the items at the top in our unanswered topics display.

OK I get a login page there asking my user name and password, quite normal I would say as I'm not a member of their sales force, and it's labelled as totally safe by SiteAdvisor (the browser security add-on that comes with most McAfee suites).

Can't you get to that page?  You could try another browser perhaps?    The only thing I can think of that would restrict access there would be browser settings.

What is your operating system and service pack (if applicable)?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 29/03/14 2:54:09 EDT PM
                • 6. Re: New to Site and Need Help Please
                  kytchenwytch

I did the correct answer in order to give you more points! Whoops!

I have tried using various browsers - Firefox, Torch, IE, and Chrome - and get the same error message with all of them:

This webpage is not available

The connection to my2.tupperware.com was interrupted.

Reload this webpage.

Press the reload button to resubmit the data needed to load the page.

Check your Internet connection.

Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems, or other network devices you may be using.

Allow Torch to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.

If it is already listed as a program allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again.

If you use a proxy server...

Check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server: Go tothe Torch menu > Settings > Show advanced settings... > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox.

Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

I have followed these instructions with the same results.

My Tupperware manager tells me this has happened to other consultants and it is the result of either lowering my security settings in my virus protection (McAffee) or doing some other minor technical fix with it.

I hope this information will help you to give me the way to do this.

• 7. Re: New to Site and Need Help Please
                    Peter M

Hmm, strange!!   Thank you by the way for wanting to give me points, I have loads so don't worry about that ;-)

All I can think of at present is to open McAfee SecurityCenter

Click Web and Email Protection

Click Firewall

Click Internet Connections for Programs

(It takes a while to load, once it has loaded click the word Program at the top to re-arrange alphabetically)

Locate Torch and make sure it has full permission using the Edit button.  (Maybe try turning off Netguard for it may help)

Otherwise contact Technical Support for help, it's free of charge by phone or online chat & linked at the top of this page.

• 8. Re: New to Site and Need Help Please
                      kytchenwytch

Thanks for this.  I was able to find Torch with no problems.  The question now is:

-All of the programs listed there have "full" access

-All of the programs listed there have Net Guard "off"

Is it supposed to be off?

• 9. Re: New to Site and Need Help Please
                        Peter M

For proper protection it shouild be on, but that may increase popups asking permission to access, your choice.

1 2 Previous Next