1 2 Previous Next 12 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2014 8:13 AM by selvan Branched from an earlier discussion.

"My Account" online not showing computer status

evf

Hiiiiiiiii ... I totally relate with you.  I have been the victim of identity theft.  I have no idea how far it has been taken.  I had norton.  It was rubbish.  I tried McAfee LiveSafe and was partly impressed.  What they have sorted out already is way better than what Norton have.  Norton is just one stupid application with stupid useless support and nothing else! 

However, even though McAfee initially impressed me ... i have had the same problem with the support help.  Half of them are slow in the head!!! I am having persistant hacker troubles.  Getting back in control of my systems and my ID is proving very hard indeed as they seem to be able to gain access to the view on my monitors.  I have no idea how this is happening but my experiences told me that McAfee LiveSafe was not enough even though it was good. 

So I paid for McAfee SMB package and I am impressed but I not with the support at all because I have found that for home users there is support ... whatever help they are/not ... at least they are present (as one would describe them) and you can at least go through the steps of chatting with them whether the issue gets resolved/not ... but with Small/Medium Business McAfee there is no support except these forums!! i have been on the phone alll day ... they give me more numbers to call ... and the chat technicians say they can't help with business McAfee products ... installing the business McAfee was not difficult but it was a totally different experience from the home McAfee where they try to cater some help.

I then thought about my predicament and wanted to take a step further and go for all the help available ... so i took an interest in the endpoint suite ... it seems to be something i shouldn't be without due to my predicament BUT I'm no IT person!! A heft folder was downloaded full of items ... i found the installation icon ... double clicked it and have been stuck for 4 hours!!!

I can find no help.  All I need is a Username entered and a password entered BUT it will not take anything i enter!!   The password field has a comment in RED which says complexity not met!! I'm using McAfee SafeKey to generate the passwords!! 

So I am turning in this direction for help ... PLEASE can someone help me with this today???

I have seen some unanswerd posts that were put up a few years ago.... totally frightening me ... i do not want to wait that long!!!

I am relieved that i did not pay for this ... it is just the trial version ... i had the common sense not to buy 2 products in one day!!

Please help 

• 1. Re: "My Account" online not showing computer status
          exbrit

evf you are already being answered on your original thread, please stop multi-posting.

If you have another issue other than your computer being hacked please start your own thread in the section devoted to that product or service, do not hijack another person's.

There is support for all products & customers, small, medium or large.   Enteprise support portal handles all products other than home ones.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 28/03/14 3:04:17 EDT PM
          • 2. Re: "My Account" online not showing computer status
            k3tg

Hi evf,

I am sorry you have not been able to get any support for your business software. Perhaps Ex Brit or Peacekeeper can point you to a technicial who can stir someone from that department to help you.

• 3. Re: "My Account" online not showing computer status
              exbrit

Well the trouble is that evf is posting all over the forums which is just confusing the issues.   I would need an actual product name to direct the enquiry correctly.

• 4. Re: "My Account" online not showing computer status
                selvan

Hi Peter,

Let us make sure that evf needs assistance in Home or Business Product first.

If it is the Home Product then I can assist him directly. If it is the Business Product we might need to direct him to the correct Sub - Space.

From his post above it seems that Process is stopped during the Password creation stage. In order to increase complexity of a Password evf can use letters of Upper and Lower case, Numbers, Special Characters in his Password.

It is always best to look into the Product page for Instructions as some does not allow Special Characters in Passwords..!

• 5. Re: "My Account" online not showing computer status
                  k3tg

I did not realize that......did not want to step on anyone toes

• 6. Re: "My Account" online not showing computer status
                    exbrit

Tom no problem.   It's just we have to ascertain exactly what products we/re dealing with here as he's posted in Consumer and Enterprise thus far.

Chinthanai Selvan P wrote:

Hi Peter,

Let us make sure that evf needs assistance in Home or Business Product first.

If it is the Home Product then I can assist him directly. If it is the Business Product we might need to direct him to the correct Sub - Space.

From his post above it seems that Process is stopped during the Password creation stage. In order to increase complexity of a Password evf can use letters of Upper and Lower case, Numbers, Special Characters in his Password.

It is always best to look into the Product page for Instructions as some does not allow Special Characters in Passwords..!

Thanks Selvan, I'll leave this thread to you then.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 28/03/14 4:22:05 EDT PM
                    • 7. Re: "My Account" online not showing computer status
                      evf

Hiiiiii Everyone

Glad to receive a quick response !  I had no idea that help is so forthcoming ... i've been to forums where they take days to reply ... so liking it very much ... also .. i am not a he ... but thanx !! lol

MY product ... that i wanted to try the trial version of was McAfee Endpoint Suite but after persistantly requesting help from a support technician by not letting him go ... i finally received a number where i got the help that i needed. 

It seems that the product I bought is the best one from the three that are available for the small business and so i do not need the endpoint that i was trying to install ... it's like having a paid norton and then trying to install a trial one !!! i had no idea though ...

so the problem is solved but not as i thought it would get solved .. the username and password problem remains a mystery that i no longer have to address ... and i'm not complaining ... have spent all day on that mystery .... now letting go and moving on!! 

My paid product is McAfee SaaS  and apparently i need to purchase a domain and configure a server to secure my emails !! I will begin with enquiries with my ISP

• 8. Re: "My Account" online not showing computer status
                        exbrit

OK and sorry we got your gender wrong ;-)

Endpoint Protection and in particular SaaS can't be handled here or anywhere in the Consumer section I'm afraid.  The following is the section for that:  https://community.mcafee.com/community/business/system/tops

None of the tools we use on Consumer products will work with Enterprise I'm afraid.

So post a new discussion there asking whatever you need and hopefully they will help.

Those products usually come with Grant Numbers I believe so live support  and the online info database is all via the Enterprise Portal.

Support for a trial version should have been outlined on the page you got it from.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 28/03/14 5:51:03 EDT PM
                        • 9. Re: "My Account" online not showing computer status
                          exbrit

With the above in mind I split this off from the other customer's thread so they can continue with their issue separately.

1 2 Previous Next