1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2014 4:00 PM by masterfu678

False Artemis!052678C4A3D0

masterfu678

This  is the launcher file for the arcade game dump “King of Fighters Maximum  Impact: Regulation A”, due to the compression nature of the exe, McAfee  detects it as an Artemis and deletes the file, making the arcade dump basically unplayable.

• 1. Re: False Artemis!052678C4A3D0
          catdaddy

Hi masterfu678,

Welcome to the McAfee Communities. Since this was detected as Artemis, you may wish to read the following:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

Regards,

CatDaddy

• 2. Re: False Artemis!052678C4A3D0
            masterfu678

That is what I did, which is why I started this thread and I sent an email to them.

The mods says if it was detected as Artemis, McAfee virus already have the file, correct? It should be KOFMIA_Launcher.exe. I can't upload the file because McAfee deletes the launcher file at the instant of moving it out of the rar file.

I need an update on this, an official answer from the mods.

• 3. Re: False Artemis!052678C4A3D0
              catdaddy

Hi masterfu678,

Another way of checking for Suspicious/Unknown files, is to run the "Latest Getsusp" Tool. Please remember to add your Email Address under "Preferences" You should afterwards recieve a verification from the McAfee Global Threat Intelligence Base, that it is being analyzed.

This tool can be found under Moderator-Ex_Brit signature.

Here is the direct link: http://getsusp.mcafee.com/  You still may wish to check out the other Superb Free tools under Ex_Brit signature.

Kind Regards,

CatDaddy

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 3/31/14 3:32:08 AM CDT
              • 4. Re: False Artemis!052678C4A3D0
                Peacekeeper

when you submitted it did you get a reply ie an analysis id?

• 5. Re: False Artemis!052678C4A3D0
                  catdaddy

Thanks Tony   Excellent point....

• 6. Re: False Artemis!052678C4A3D0
                    Peacekeeper

That was my thought a lot do not zip the file with a password (infected) as mentioned in the doc and wait for a fix that Mcafee has never seen the email about as the server deletes incorrectly zipped files.. The getsup path will work as well .

• 7. Re: False Artemis!052678C4A3D0
                      Peacekeeper

If you submitted it as mentioned or ran getsusp when the file is there you would have gotten an analysis id. Posting that here then if no fix in 4 days we mods would arrange a tech to jump in..

Ranting does not help following what we suggest is not a big deal for most.

Re detection that is enterprise I thought it had white lists and exclusions?

• 8. Re: False Artemis!052678C4A3D0
                        catdaddy

masterfu678,

While I can appreciate your right to express your personal opinion. I disapprove of the "F-Bomb" laiden link in which you inserted. Please be informed, that in addition you have the "Perogative" to choose and use any software of your choice.

Having said this...Your choice to utilize (Qihu 360) is one that I would proceed with caution.

As you mentioned, it is (Free)...yet is associated with, and usually accompanied by bundled-software, that many Highly reputable Anti-Virus Vendors classify as "Malware,Web-Redirects,and exhibit traits of even being a virus.

Specifically being...(Baidu-Hao123) both which contain Adware and (PUPS).

Both of these programs alone, have been mentioned in other threads. Wreaking havoc on users systems. Soooooo...Should you indeed contract the above mentioned ( PUPS)...Here are some links to assist you in their removal.

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/adware-win32-baidu-a-removal/

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-hao123-virus/

Good Luck,

Regards,

CatDaddy

1 2 Previous Next