6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2014 5:35 AM by Peter M

Hiiiiiii  Please help all u ePo Orchestrators

evf

Hiiiiiiiiii

I am venturing out into the McAfee products world and I have downloaded McAfee Endpoint Suite ... I have no idea what to do ... but I would like to learn 

Please help me ... I have found the application in the hefty folder that was downloaded ... the installer window is open and it is asking for ePolicy Orchestrator credentials. 

I does not like anything I've entered!  There is no comment for the Username entries but the Password entries have a red comment which always says 'complexity not met'  !!!!!!

What the heck does this mean?? What is supposed to be entered there??? I have no idea !!

Sooooooo confused !!!

Please help me 

• 1. Re: Hiiiiiii  Please help all u ePo Orchestrators
          mcafeenewb

So much to answer, but too much for a forum... With all due respect I suggest you review the product and installation guides to get a general understanding before you venture down this path.  I only say this because there are many unreversable selections ahead and you should be prepared. 

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Hiiiiiii  Please help all u ePo Orchestrators
            Peter M

evf, if this is for personal or even small business use, I would recommend you avoid Enterprise products.  Apart from mostly requiring bulk licensing there is the support factor too and unless you have a Grant Number the service portal wont be able to help, whereas the Consumer product portal is free of charge for anyone using those products.   They can also elect for specialized service under a Techmaster agreement at a fee per year for unlimited support.   Small businesses often go that route.  Also with Enterprise if you have a problem uninstalling a product it can become a real headache as there are no removal tools as on the Consumer side and then one gets into the realm of Command Prompts and/or registry changes which can be another headache.  

There are beta Consumer products (free), the main one being Total Protection Beta which offer a permanent license as long as you give feedback occasionally, the main drawback being that support is only via a bug reporting mechanism and/or in a private area of these forums.  You also have no choice with what components are installed, it's all or nothing at all.

See:  https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-1236

Hope it helps.   ;-)

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 29/03/14 10:31:39 EDT AM
            • 3. Re: Hiiiiiii  Please help all u ePo Orchestrators
              evf

Hiiiiiiiii ..... it's so fab that everytime i log in i find that i have missed much!!! it's better than having not missed anything at all !! I like to catch up !!! how does Ex_Brit find out what i'm upto !! lol lol !! Anyway ...  looking at the available tools has boggled my mind and I am also very pleased that there are so many ... it's such a big difference from stupid ... stupid norton !!!  I am lost as to which products belong to which service   ...  it's so easy to click and begin the installation process ... my aim is not to get into a muddle but to take steps so that next weekend i will not be buried in hard drive wipeouts but sitting back and reviewing my progress in other areas of my business!!  it's me v. hackers ...  and I need all the help i can get ... if i have downloaded tools and items that i are not included in my grant options ... i need some kind of guidance as to which ones i should use or not ... i can honestly say that i think i have downloaded all in a mad frenzy driven by my predicament ... but if i get guidance on which ones to use i will appreciate the guidance and follow the advice

thank you everyone 

• 4. Re: Hiiiiiii  Please help all u ePo Orchestrators
                evf

Ex_Brit?  I do have a grant number ... how many licenses does that entitle me to ... i have installed and reinstalled on one pc and now i've received an email when trying to install it onto my laptop ... i thought it was for business and therefore would be a mutiple license?

Do you know? 

• 5. Re: Hiiiiiii  Please help all u ePo Orchestrators
                  evf

Mcafeenewb .. thankx   ... i am driven by my predicament and i must leave no stone unturned ... when we get stuck in that area where we feel processes cannot be reversed ... it's not less frustrating from being hacked and finding someone else has taken control of your equipment .... so we have the option of going back to stage 1 and to factory settings ... i have had to buy a whole new OS due to the fact that my recovery options had been destroyed ... so i would say we should look more into our types of occuption and regard all these headaches as just more occupational hazzards!!! .... at least I'm not an HGV driver, driving a humongous load at high speed along a motorway !!!  i'm being silently bullied whilst working from the comfort of my home .... and I wish I could chuck a HGV at those that would sabbotage my peace and my progress ... but I hope McAfee will be the next best thing

• 6. Re: Hiiiiiii  Please help all u ePo Orchestrators
                    Peter M

evf wrote:

Ex_Brit?  I do have a grant number ... how many licenses does that entitle me to ... i have installed and reinstalled on one pc and now i've received an email when trying to install it onto my laptop ... i thought it was for business and therefore would be a mutiple license?

Do you know? 

Sorry, I have no idea how many it entitles you to, check with support.  I merely was commenting as you mentioned a trial on one of your original posts.

Although I have used another product, VSE, in the past I have virtually no knowledge of the Enterprise side.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 30/03/14 6:35:34 EDT AM