4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2014 6:53 AM by mperrin

Site Advisor uninstallation error

tnl

Hello,

I recently checked in Site Advisor v. 3.5.0.1195 in our EPO 4.6.7. I tested the Site Advisor installation in two Windows 8.1 computers that had only the agent and VSE, and got an installation failed error. After several retries I managed to successfully install Site Advisor 3.5.0.1195 in both computers.

In the About window of each client, SAE's version is 3.5.0.1121, Service Pack 2. Is this how version 3.5.0.1195 is supposed to display in the About window?

Now the Event Viewer shows that SAE's service terminates unexpectedally and Internet Explorer does not respond each time I open it.

I tried uninstalling SAE in both clients through EPO a zillion times, but it fails everytime. I checked in Site Advisor Removal Tool and run a task in EPO, but it also fails everytime. A manual unistall by selecting uninstall when right clicking C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\SiteAdvisor Enterprise\RepairCache\sae.msi returns the error "McAfee SiteAdvisor Enterprise Service cannot be stopped. Check that you have enough permissions" (the error message text may not be exactly like this, as I am translating from Portuguese). I'm uninstalling as a Domain Admin.

How can I uninstall SAE, or install in a way it works OK with Windows 8.1? Both clients have agent 4.8.0.1500.

Thank you,

Antonio