4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2014 2:32 PM by dlawson

Configure WebGateway to Display a Unique Coaching Page per "Coached" Category

dlawson

Hello,

Can someone tell me if this is even possible? And if so, how is it done?

• 1. Re: Configure WebGateway to Display a Unique Coaching Page per "Coached" Category
          asabban

Hello,

the coaching rule sets that ship with MWG are "globally", e.g. if a user accepted the coaching page, all categories are accessible. A while ago I created a draft which remembers the category for which coaching was accepted in PD Storage. If a user accesses a website for a new coached category, the coaching page is shown again.

So in theory it should be possible to do that, but you will have to use PD Storage. Otherwise MWG will not know for which category coaching was accepted.

I will add the rule set, however I have no clue if that works as desired. It seemed to work on my test lab.

Best,

Andre

Nachricht geändert durch asabban on 27.03.14 11:01:35 MEZ
          • 2. Re: Configure WebGateway to Display a Unique Coaching Page per "Coached" Category
            dlawson

Hello Andre,

Thanks for the response. I attempted to implement your rule set in my test lab but it doesnt seem to work. When I creat multiple rule sets and attempt to configure them to use a different HTML template, it changes the template for all rules. It doesnt appear to allow me to set unique templates for each rule. Please see the attached image:

CoachingTemplate.jpg

• 3. Re: Configure WebGateway to Display a Unique Coaching Page per "Coached" Category
              asabban

Hello,

in the screenshot it looks like you are modifying the redirect action. This is not the template displayed for the end-user, the coaching template should be shown in a block action. There is a 1:1 relation between block actions and their template. In case you need to show multiple templates you need to create multiple block actions:

2014-03-31 12_57_58-McAfee _ Web Gateway - MWG7-Test-1 - 10.150.64.144.png

Btw I am not sure why you need multiple error templates. The idea of the rule set I shared is to add multiple categories to coaching, such as "Gambling" and "Social Media". When a user not goes to a gambling site he sees the coaching warning. If he accepts he is allowed to access all gambling websites. Once he accesses a social media website he will be prompted to accept coaching again.

This functionality should be given from the rule set I added. Before you go ahead and modify it I would ensure that this base functionality is given.

Best,

Andre

• 4. Re: Configure WebGateway to Display a Unique Coaching Page per "Coached" Category
                dlawson

Hello Andre,

We are wanting to create multiple error templates so we can display a unique html coaching page to the user depending on what category of website they are attempting to visit. I was able to accomplish this by creating a new setting under the "Block" action because of your explanation.

Coaching Rule.jpg

Thanks for all your help!