0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2014 11:26 AM by sol

McAfee March Blogs Worth Reading

sol

GOOGLE DOCS PHISHING CAMPAIGN- Google Docs Phishing Campaign is Frighteningly Accurate -

By Gary Davis on Mar 21, 2014

Gmail users beware: a very convincing, very deceitful, phishing scam has been making its way around the Internet. The scam targets Google Doc and Google Drive users with a lookalike login page designed to steal your username and password. With 425 million active monthly Gmail users, these “phishermen” have cast quite a large net. Before […]

When Microsoft (Bill Gates) came into the world with strong force.... he and MS were chastised by many. Most googlers today still chastise MS for its existence mainly because of its dominance in the world, yet without it.... technology would be nothing like it is today.

My personal opinion... Google has gone far beyond the power of Microsoft while using MS's back as a launch pad and its security concerns seems to outweigh those of MS. Google also makes millions selling its customers personal information simply by making a one sentence clause to get past the constitutional rights of the people... if you want to use google tools, you must give up your rights to your personal information like Facebook and others have also chosen to do, (pretty much in a nut shell anyway).

THE SCAN: We Coin't Take it Anymore!

Password1234 Even though he’s now the former Secretary of Defense, Leon Panetta is still trying to warn the U.S. about the risk of cyberattacks. He recently said that a cyberattack against the nation’s infrastructure is quote “the most serious […]  The Scan: We Coin’t Take It Anymore!2

By Bradi Van Noy Hays on Mar 21, 2014

I think the whole Target breach was due to both technology and human error. How many businesses require third party vendors to use a high end secure products for their technology? I read an article that said an involved third party vendor of Target was using the free version of Malwarebytes for its security protection on the devices. Who does that? Things that make you go  hhhmmmmm!

Another thought, with all the talk of another country controling the internet, what does that mean for the USA cyber security? After all, don't most of our threats come from other countries? I hope one of the bloggers does a piece on this. I would love to know from an intelligent source and not a political warfare, what this means to the USA people and their security and privacy. Are we making American's more vulnerable to other countries up front?

McAfee Q4 2013 Threat report - A Portrait of the Security Landscape: McAfee Q4 2013 Threats Report0

By Penny Baldwin on Mar 25, 2014

2013 was a big year for the security industry, and it all came to a head in the fourth quarter. From high-profile data breaches to advanced malware, the threat landscape proved to broaden and struck several industries – hard – including, and perhaps most prominently, the retail industry. Security teams are quickly learning that in […]

Message was edited by: sol on 3/25/14 11:26:09 AM CDT