4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2014 12:55 AM by DPE

Upgrading to DE7.1. 'EE: User Data Upgrade' server task fails

DPE

Hi,

I'm trying to prepare my ePO 4.6.7 for the Drive Encryption 7.1 software. Running the 'EE: User Data Upgrade' server task i get an error after the script finishes updating the users. See screenshot:

error.png

I've checked in the 7.0.4 Admin extension, and disabled the 'EEPC LDAP' and 'LdapSync: Sync across users from LDAP' before running the task.

Any ideas as to why i am getting this error?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Upgrading to DE7.1. 'EE: User Data Upgrade' server task fails
          jmcleish

Not used this before, but in the video here it says to look at the server task log and orion.log for errors.

https://community.mcafee.com/videos/1798 at 6:38

Sorry- probably not much help!

• 2. Re: Upgrading to DE7.1. 'EE: User Data Upgrade' server task fails
            DPE

Thanks for your input. The server task log i've already posted. Its of no help.

I located the Orion.log, and monitored it while running the server task manually. This is the outcome:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

2014-03-26 07:39:31,970 WARN  [http-8443-Processor24] [localhost].[/core]  - Exception thrown whilst processing POSTed parameters

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Inbound closed before receiving peer's close_notify: possible truncation attack?

at com.rsa.sslj.x.au.d(Unknown Source)

at com.rsa.sslj.x.ac.a(Unknown Source)

at com.rsa.sslj.x.ac.b(Unknown Source)

at com.rsa.sslj.x.ac.b(Unknown Source)

at com.rsa.sslj.x.ak.read(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer.fill(InternalInputBuffer.java:783)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer$InputStreamInputBuffer.doRead(Inte rnalInputBuffer.java:813)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.filters.IdentityInputFilter.doRead(IdentityInputFilter .java:116)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer.doRead(InternalInputBuffer.java:74 8)

at org.apache.coyote.Request.doRead(Request.java:418)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.InputBuffer.realReadBytes(InputBuffer.java:270)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.ByteChunk.substract(ByteChunk.java:420)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.InputBuffer.read(InputBuffer.java:293)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteInputStream.read(CoyoteInputStream.java:193 )

at org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.readPostBody(Request.java:2553)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.parseParameters(Request.java:2509)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.getParameter(Request.java:1047)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.server.AjaxValve.invoke(AjaxValve.java:76)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.server.OrionUserSetupValve.invoke(OrionUserSetupValve.jav a:48)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn.invoke(SingleSignOn.java:420)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.server.OrionSingleSignOn.invoke(OrionSingleSignOn.java:15 1)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.server.ClientCertValve.invoke(ClientCertValve.java:69)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.server.ParameterEncodingValve.invoke(ParameterEncodingVal ve.java:37)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:10 8)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:879)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConn ection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:5 28)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorke rThread.java:81)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:6 89)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

2014-03-26 07:39:58,877 ERROR [mfs:pool-2-thread-7] scheduler.Engine  - EE: User Data Upgrade] failed with exception

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandException: Could not map server ID

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:188)

at com.mcafee.orion.scheduler.Engine.runTasks(Engine.java:348)

at com.mcafee.orion.scheduler.engine.EngineTask.run(EngineTask.java:57)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:304)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301 (ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:178)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Schedu ledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

Caused by: com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandException: Could not map server ID

at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:1026)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invokeCommand(CommandInvoker.java:762)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:751)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:723)

at com.mcafee.orion.scheduler.chainable.Chain.invokeChain(Chain.java:289)

at com.mcafee.orion.scheduler.chainable.Chain.invokeChain(Chain.java:314)

at com.mcafee.orion.scheduler.chainable.Chain.invokeChain(Chain.java:230)

at com.mcafee.orion.scheduler.chainable.Chain.invoke(Chain.java:42)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:989)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker$AsyncCommandRunner.call(CommandInvoker .java:900)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)

... 3 more

Caused by: com.mcafee.epe.migrateV6.exception.DataException: Could not map server ID

at com.mcafee.epe.migrateV6.Migration.getOrionLdapServerId(Migration.java:611)

at com.mcafee.epe.migrateV6.Migration.migrateGroups(Migration.java:363)

at com.mcafee.epe.migrateV6.Migration.execute(Migration.java:169)

at com.mcafee.epe.migrateV6.command.CommandMigrate.invoke(CommandMigrate.java:125)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:989)

... 13 more

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------

What can you guys make of this (if anything)?

Thanks!

• 3. Re: Upgrading to DE7.1. 'EE: User Data Upgrade' server task fails
              robrowii

Hi DPE,

Did you get an answer for this issue? I have run into the exact same problem.

Thanks!

• 4. Re: Upgrading to DE7.1. 'EE: User Data Upgrade' server task fails
                DPE

Hi robrowii,

Yes, we got it resolved.

You need to contact McAfee support in order to solve this. I cannot remember the whole solution, however it had to do with a bunch of users having a database relationship with a legacy LDAP server. McAfee Support (2nd or 3rd tier) solved it for me by cleaning up the database remains from the legacy LDAP server and running some SQL scripts to associate the affected users to our current LDAP servers. This was after having troubleshooted 2 or 3 times with first line support by remote session.

When calling McAfee, you might refer my case number - this should make them escalate the issue to the back-office guys right away: 4-5488888093

The tech i spoke to was named Rene Wiese.

Good luck!

/David