3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2014 9:28 AM by asabban

Allowing IP Addresses Web Gateway 7

bonelessi

Hi I'm new to the forums here and I'd do a search but I'm not sure how to word my question. We recently purchased the Web Gateway (7.3.2) so I'm learning all the ins and outs and one thing I need to do is allow some IP address through for super important things like the time clock. We're using direct proxy so I'd rather add the entry to the gateway rather than Group Policy or each PC. Is this possible? I see where I can add URLs to the "global allow" but I'm not sure IPs work there.

Any help is appreciated.

Dan

Message was edited by: bonelessi on 3/18/14 11:34:15 AM CDT
        • 1. Re: Allowing IP Addresses Web Gateway 7
          asabban

Hello,

there are a couple of options here. I am not sure if "IP address" means source or destination in your case, so I will show both:

Destination:

URL.Host equals "192.168.0.1" will match if a client enters something like http://192.168.0.1/index.htm in the browser

URL.Destination.IP equals "192.168.0.1" will match if the user accesses the IP address or a hostname which resolves (DNS) to this IP address

Source:

Client.IP equals 192.168.0.1 will match if the request comes from a client with that IP address

Best,

Andre

• 2. Re: Allowing IP Addresses Web Gateway 7
            bonelessi

Okay I kind of understand that, but this is new to me. If I go to my global whitelist policies and show details I see "URL Host Matches in List Global Whitelist" but not "URL.Destination.IP equals". I'm going to look now but can I edit that?

• 3. Re: Allowing IP Addresses Web Gateway 7
              asabban

Hello,

I would not edit the default rules unless necessary. If you want to work on "URL.Destination.IP" you will have to add a new rule. Go to the "Global Whitelist", hit "Add Rule", give it a good name. A criteria choose "URL.Destination.IP is in list..." and add a new list. Fill your IP addresses into that list. The action should be "Stop Cycle".

Best,

Andre