1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 17, 2014 9:25 AM by powerranger

MEG 7.6 - Quarantine digest - 442 unable to determine IP address of delivery

powerranger

Hello,

First of all let me get one thing out of the way: I'm a self tought noob on MEG. We are currently using 6.8 (physical) and I was tasked to upgrade to 7.6 (virtual). It's been a good opportunity to learn something new but I do have trouble with the documentation of MEG which I find a bit too formal (some real life examples would be good, unless I've missed them).

Anyways...!

We've got the MEG configured and e-mails are coming in and going out in our test environment. However one thing I've been battling with is that we would like to give our small user base the possibility of marking an e-mail as spam themselves and create their own white/blacklists which I understand is possible with MEG 7.x. What I don't understand though is if the McAfee Quarantine Manager required for this?

So what I tried to do instead is configure the Quarantine digests that can be sent out at an interval to the users, but I'm getting this error: Pending: 0.0.0.0, 442 unable to determine IP address of delivery. Quite frankly I have no clue what needs to be configured and where as I don't get why the appliance is capable of receiving and forwarding e-mails but is unable to send a digest?

If someone could point me to the right direction it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,