Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
3718 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: Feb 19, 2009 9:22 AM by BalaSGS RSS 1 2 Previous Next
Newcomer 7 posts since
Feb 17, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 17, 2009 9:45 AM

Please help remove New Win32 Virus

McAfee scan had detected New Win32 virus on my pc. The pc was slow and web pages not displayed properly, finally today the pc has a blue screen instead of window login screen after loading. Bacically I can't use the pc now. I call for HELP to solve the problem and remove the virus.
  • BalaSGS Community Administrator 963 posts since
    Oct 8, 2008
    1. Feb 17, 2009 11:53 AM (in response to cherrybay3228)
    RE: Please help remove New Win32 Virus
    Please Clarify/follow the below steps.

1. What is the operating system /internet connection type you use?

2.Boot the computer in safe mode with networking since it does not boot normally. Turn on the computer & hit F8 while it starts up & select safe mode with networking in the windows advanced options menu.

3. Try to run the free version of tool: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php ,remove the infected files once when the scan is complete & disable the start up items (start>run>msconfig>startup tab), Restart the computer.

Bala

McAfee Tier 2.5 Team lead / Administrator

Oct 8, 2008
    4. Feb 17, 2009 2:28 PM (in response to cherrybay3228)
    Hi

Have you tried booting the computer in the Last know good configuration mode (LKGC) from the advance boot up option.
    Are you able to perform the Scan in the computer?
    If you are able to boot the computer in the safe mode then you can try to do the clean boot in the system (Start Run->type Msconfig->click service tab under the system configuration-> uncheck all the service apart from Microsoft (make sure you check mark beside hide all Microsoft service) click on start up tab and uncheck all the items)

Regards
    Bala

Bala

Oct 8, 2008
    6. Feb 17, 2009 3:25 PM (in response to cherrybay3228)
    Hi

We can tried with system restore in the safe mode (start->all program->accessories->system tools->system restore)
    You can try to run the Sfc scan in the safe mode
    Click Start > Run and type sfc /scannow and the click OK.
    Note the space between the c and the /
    You may need your Windows XP CD so have it ready.
    Allow the scan to run and when completed, reboot the system.

If this doesn’t work then you have to go with repair installation with Operating System disk it will better if we check with computer manufacturer to do it.

Regards
    Bala

Bala

Oct 8, 2008
    8. Feb 18, 2009 8:19 AM (in response to cherrybay3228)
    Hi,

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. Since we have the issue with windows boot file I suggested you to check with system Manufacture please do get back to us if you have any more concern

Good Luck :)

Regards
    Bala

Bala

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)