1 2 Previous Next 13 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2014 4:43 AM by bibl2008

delete old systems from ePO

bibl2008

Hello,

I have many old systems in the system tree/ How I can delete them?

• 1. Re: delete old systems from ePO
          hem

Select the machine->Action->Directory management, delete. You can either check the box 'remove agent at next agent server communication'.

If you find any similar critieria between the machines then you can create query then can include that query in server task to automate it.

• 2. Re: delete old systems from ePO
            bibl2008

Hello,

I know how to manually delete the system. I wanted to learn how to automate this process.

• 3. Re: delete old systems from ePO
              djjava9

there is a premade task under server tasks that automates this process for you.....its disabled by default.....all you have to do is enable.....it simply runs a query that returns machines that havent talked to epo in 14 days then deletes them, see image below.

Capture.PNG

• 4. Re: delete old systems from ePO
                bibl2008

Hello,

I have a poblem with this task:

query error.png

Can you post correct query here?

• 5. Re: delete old systems from ePO
                  Tristan

The 'Inactive Agents' query is basically a list view of all managed agents that have not communicated in the last 30 days.

Below is the XML for the query from my ePO 4.6. Copy and paste it into a new file and you should be able to import it into your queries.

<queries>

<query>

<name language="en">Inactive Agents</name>

<description language="en">McAfee Agents that have not communicated with the ePolicy Orchestrator Server in the last 30 days.</description>

<property name="target">EPOLeafNode</property>

<property name="tableURI">query:table?orion.table.columns=EPOLeafNode.NodeName%3AEPOCompu terProperties.IPV6%3AEPOComputerProperties.UserName%3AEPOLeafNode.LastUpdate&amp ;orion.table.order=az&amp;orion.table.order.by=EPOLeafNode.NodeName%3AEPOCompute rProperties.IPV6%3AEPOComputerProperties.UserName%3AEPOLeafNode.LastUpdate</prop erty>

<property name="conditionURI">query:condition?orion.condition.sexp=%28+where+%28+and+%28+ olderThan+EPOLeafNode.LastUpdate+2592000000++%29+%28+stateEq+EPOLeafNode.Managed State+%22managed%22+%29+%29+%29</property>

<property name="summaryURI">query:summary?orion.sum.query=false&amp;orion.query.type=tabl e.table</property>

</query>

</queries>

• 6. Re: delete old systems from ePO
                    bibl2008

Thanks! But may be you can export this task that I can import it to my ePO?

• 7. Re: delete old systems from ePO
                      Tristan

This forum doesn't allow attachments other than pictures and the copying and pasting has messed up the query.

It is possible to get it to work but you have to manually strip out the extra spaces that the forum has added

Message was edited by: Tristan on 14/03/14 13:28:32 GMT
                      • 8. Re: delete old systems from ePO
                        Tristan

Maybe if i'd tried the advanced editor i might have found the attach functionality...doh

May be this might work

Message was edited by: Tristan on 14/03/14 16:12:32 GMT
                        • 9. Re: delete old systems from ePO
                          bibl2008

Thanks! But I can understand how import queries. Could you explain it? I understand how I canimport a task:

import.png

Message was edited by: bibl2008 on 3/16/14 7:15:10 AM CDT
                          1 2 Previous Next