1 2 Previous Next 10 Replies Latest reply: Mar 24, 2014 2:56 PM by sol RSS

Any issues with VSE P4 and HIPS P4 on windows 7? What's your feedback

pierce

Hey All,

I see lots of users reporting issues with XP and office in the forums, but nothing about users on windows 7 experincing any issues(you know XP needs to be off the network next month right )?

Also we have VSE and HIPS which gets rid of the BOP issue.

So far testing with 46 VSE's deployed and 18 HIPS. No issues reported. Wondering if anyone else has similar experiences and if i should increase my test group?

• 1. Re: Any issues with VSE P4 and HIPS P4 on windows 7? What's your feedback
          b12

Hi Pierce

I have no HIPS installed but also issues with VSE 8.8i P4 on windows 7 systems

• 2. Re: Any issues with VSE P4 and HIPS P4 on windows 7? What's your feedback
            PhilR

b12 wrote:

Hi Pierce

I have no HIPS installed but also issues with VSE 8.8i P4 on windows 7 systems

Care to let us into the secret?  What issues are you experiencing?

• 3. Re: Any issues with VSE P4 and HIPS P4 on windows 7? What's your feedback
              b12

Hi PhiLR

See the following screenshots. All BOP`s after the rollout of VSE 8.8i patch 4

• 4. Re: Any issues with VSE P4 and HIPS P4 on windows 7? What's your feedback
                pierce

For some reason the print screens don't appear for me?

• 5. Re: Any issues with VSE P4 and HIPS P4 on windows 7? What's your feedback
                  PhilR

The latest word from McAfee on the buffer overflow issue is here:

https://community.mcafee.com/message/323003#323003

• 6. Re: Any issues with VSE P4 and HIPS P4 on windows 7? What's your feedback
                    pierce

I am chalking this up to 'no issues' give it a go.

• 7. Re: Any issues with VSE P4 and HIPS P4 on windows 7? What's your feedback
                      pwolfe

I went hog wild and installed it on a whole 5 laptops, I have had no issues. I am typing from one of the laptops now...So, so far so good!

• 8. Re: Any issues with VSE P4 and HIPS P4 on windows 7? What's your feedback
                        b12

Hi

I don`t know why the screenshot are not visible. See my issues with VSE 8.8 P 4 below.  This issues are shown on Win-XP and W7 systems

In the moment I have BOP disabled but that is not the solution I like to habe

++++++++++++++

Received Threat Name:  BO:Stack

Source Process Name:   C:\Programme\Adobe\Reader 10.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe

Action Taken:          blocked

Problem solved?:       true

Affected Object: _:NTDLL.KiUserExceptionDispatcher::60006c4d

Source Process Name:   C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe

Affected Object: _:NTDLL.KiUserExceptionDispatcher::58dd583f

Source Process Name:   D:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

Affected Object: _:NTDLL.KiUserExceptionDispatcher::10003052

Received Threat Name:  BO:Image BO:Writable

Source Process Name:   C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE

Affected Object: _:NTDLL.KiUserExceptionDispatcher::77165023

Source Process Name:   D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\EXCEL.EXE

Affected Object: _:NTDLL.KiUserExceptionDispatcher::6b461f7b

Received Threat Name:  BO:Writable BO:Heap

Source Process Name:   C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

Affected Object: _:NTDLL.KiUserExceptionDispatcher::4190000

Received Threat Name:  BO:Image BO:Writable

Source Process Name:   C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

Affected Object: _:NTDLL.KiUserExceptionDispatcher::68c74b18

Received Threat Name:  BO:Stack, BO:Image BO:Writable

Source Process Name:   C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE

Affected Object: _:NTDLL.KiUserExceptionDispatcher::281e478

Source Process Name:   C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\WINWORD.EXE

Affected Object: _:NTDLL.KiUserExceptionDispatcher::3f39a1a5

Received Threat Name:  BO:Writable BO:Stack

Source Process Name:   C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\WINWORD.EXE

Affected Object: _:NTDLL.KiUserExceptionDispatcher::c07f938

• 9. Re: Any issues with VSE P4 and HIPS P4 on windows 7? What's your feedback
                          pierce

Thanks for the info, I see two of those events are strange and should probably be blocked. One for adobe reader 10 and one for windows installed on a D drive.

Are the rest of your office applications fully up to date? I saw in the other thread the mcafee rep mentioned that not updated software could be the cause. (If you check with windows update you need to enable the microsoft update part to include patches for office applications)

@pwolfe

now have 138 VSE upgraded and 96 HIPS with no issues reported!

1 2 Previous Next