1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 5, 2014 2:41 AM by rtthane

Upgrade from 3.6 to 4.6 problem: How to create (migration) compliance rule in 4.6 that same setting in 3.6

takeshivn

Hi everybody,

I'm new to ePO.

I must config ePO 4.6 with same setting in old version 3.6, but I don't know it can be and how it do in some case.

Like following screenshot , I has compliace rules of compliance check  in 3.6 and I want to create the same in 4.6.

compliance rule.png

I known that in 4.6 , need to Creating a query to define compliance ( with Select Boolean Pie Chart from the Display Result As list, etc)

and then create Server task to run that query with option Generate Compliance Event .

But I don't know the details how to do.

Does anybody know how to do in this case?

Thanks,

Takeshi.

• 1. Re: Upgrade from 3.6 to 4.6 problem: How to create (migration) compliance rule in 4.6 that same setting in 3.6
          rtthane

You need 3 things, a compliance query, server task, and automatic response

Query

Menu > Reporting > Queries and Reports

New Query, give it a meaningful name, Next

For results type, select System Management > Managed Systems, Next

Select Boolean Pie-Chart for displaying the results

Select configure criteria, and set your compliance data. Keep this simple, and dont do any client filtering at this point. Next

Select Columns you wish to display for clients in the report, Next

Choose required filters for the results (if any), for example clients with a particular tag, or device type which you dont want including in the report.

Save the Query

Server Task

Menu > Automation > Server Tasks

New Task, and name accordingly, Next

Actions: Run Query (select your query)
          Sub-Actions: Generate Compliance Event. Set the results as either a percentage of clients or specific number.

Set your server task schedule, and save the query

Automatic Response

Menu > Automation > Automatic Responses

Create new or duplicate the default "Non-Compliant Computer Detected" response

You want the response to capture event ID 16000, and configure the aggregation settings to how you want them.

Finally, the actions section. You need to specify here which action you would like to take. Probably the most common choice would be to send an email to the administrator to alert.

Thats it. As long as you keep all the criteria the same as on your 3.6 box then it should be straight foward, as you should already know which boundaries and filtering have already been set.

on 3/5/14 2:41:41 AM CST