1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 4, 2014 4:03 PM by greatscott

Alert when systems are deleted from ePO

vwagen01

Was wondering if it is possible to send an alert when x amount of machines are deleted from the ePO console.  We have a ton of automation in our environment, and we've had a few instances where our automation tasks accidentally deleted a mass amount of systems from ePO.  Typically this would not be an issue, but with our EEPC deployment, this causes user assignments to be lost, and therefore a nightmare for our help desk.  I was thinking if we can be alerted when a certain number of systems are deleted within a short amount of time, this could help prevent or at least keep us aware of a potential issue.  I looked in the Automated Response section, and couldn't figure a way to do this.  We're running ePO 4.6.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks.

• 1. Re: Alert when systems are deleted from ePO
          greatscott

maybe check to see what automation is deleting your systems, and modify it so it doesnt do that anymore?

you might be able to create a Logging ->Audit Log Entries query, and have this query look for audit log entries related to system deletions. from here, you could create a server task to email you a report? thats the only way I can think of automating it. the alternative might be writing something for the sql back end to email you if the managed systems drop below a certain level?

Message was edited by: greatscott on 3/4/14 4:03:27 PM CST