1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 12, 2014 9:10 PM by catdaddy

Possible False Positive - Artemis!F02E53B18532

naturegirl

I tried to open this file and I received this message.  Is it infected with a virus or is this a false positive?

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper Please do no post files here if they are actually virused who know who will grab them. on 3/03/14 10:54:32 AM
        • 1. Re: Possible False Positive - Artemis!F02E53B18532
          catdaddy

Virus Total lists this as various detections from other security Vendors. Depending upon the environment, it is classified as a (Pup) Potentially Unwanted Program, Trojan, and a Keylogger. On Virus Total McAfee detects  it as the same Artemis!F02E53B18532.

I recommend running the latest McAfee Getsusp Tool, this way you can submit it to McAfee Global Threat Intelligence Base. Before scanning, open "Preferences" and type in your Email address. The file will then be submitted.

I would then run AdwCleaner, follow directions. Then follow up by running Malwarebytes ( Free). All (3) of these programs as well as other Superb (Free) Anti-Malware tools can be found on the bottom left of this page, under "Top Liked Content"

Here is the Link:   https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-2168

Kind Regards,

CatDaddy

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 3/12/14 9:10:50 PM CDT