For clarity I moved this to Malware Discussion > Home User Assistance.
It's not an uncommon complaint. You probably installed more than you bargained for when you were obtaining your simulator games. Always double-check any downloads for additional "options" that you may not want.
Look in the last link in my signature below for some hints and links and try scanning with Malwarebytes Free and maybe Adwcleaner too just in case.
Thanks! I ended up using malwarebytes (a little bit unnerving to download hence the name) and I will probably try adw cleaner too. Anyways it seems to have solved the problem.
Sounds good. All the best ;-)