5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2014 1:37 PM by Kary Tankink

HIPS 8.0 Patch 2 issues blocking almost everything when switching network from LAN to Wireless

malware-alerts

Hi all,

I'm having weird issues on some workstations where HIPS 8.0 patch 2 starts to behave badly especially when the user switches from LAN to wireless or the other way around, basically, changing network state.

For some reason the workstations, which had no such issues since they were installed, start to act up out of the blue...

Basically, what happens is that a user is able to lets say browse the web, but anything else would not work like Microsoft Lync won't connect to the back end or Outlook won't be able to connect with the back end either...

Even when going into HIPS UI and disabling the firewall, network IPS and host IPS won't even fix the issue, but something weird is that nothing at all gets logged in the Activity log, I mean nothing at all...the page is totally blank even if all logs are set to be shown.

We are usually able to fix the issue by booting in safe mode, disabling the HIPS services, then rebooting, then uninstall, reboot, reinstall and now everything was back to normal...

I'm wondering if any of you guys came accross a similar issue?

Let me know if you have the same behavior.

We don't have a lot of those, but at least 1-2 a week.