1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 27, 2014 12:40 PM by selvan

Not working right and no support

angelauthor

I installed family protection trial a few weeks ago when we caught my 11 year-old daughter doing some things she shouldn't be doing.  We put the program on her computer and compltely blocked the Internet with it as her punishment for awhile.

Now that we're ready to allow limited access, the system does not work - ALL INTERNET TRAFFIC IS BLOCKED regardless of how I set the timing, the allowances, whatever.  The only way to get Internet on her system is to compltely disable the program.

I went to McAfee support with this and apparenlty in India, they imagine it's possible to remotely connect to and log-in to a computer with its Internet traffic blocked, because the tech actually asked me if he could connect to her system.

When I pointed out the obvious to him, after a minute of conferring with his amazing superiors, he comes back, tells me to wait two hours, try again, and if it doesn't work then to call tech support.

Really?

I don't think so.

What kind of cheap, uneducated individuals is McAfee paying for?  I'm guessing it's time to give one of the other family protection programs a shot

Message was edited by: angelauthor on 2/27/14 11:54:34 AM CST