2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 28, 2014 9:39 AM by keith2045 RSS

Rogue Systems with multiple NICs

keith2045

I have several machines on my network that have multiple NICs on different networks. my RSD sensors keep picking them up and marking them as new systems even though they have an Agent installed. How can i configure RSD or EPO so that it doesnt mark these systems as rogue systems?

• 1. Re: Rogue Systems with multiple NICs
          rackroyd

If i'm understanding correctly, you'd mark them as an exclusion next time using one of these methods:

Detected Systems page

1 Click Menu | Systems | Detected Systems.
          2 From Detected System Interfaces by Subnet pane, click any system.
          3 Click Actions | Add to Exceptions. The Add to Exceptions dialog box appears.
          4 Click Detected Systems | Exceptions to display the Add to Exceptions dialog box.

Detected Systems Details page
          1 Click Menu | Systems | Detected Systems.
          2 From Overall System Status monitor pane, click any detected system category
          3 From the Detected Systems Details page, click any system.
          4 Click Actions | Detected Systems | Add to Exceptions to display the Add to Exceptions dialog box.

This is covered in more detail in the Rogue System Detection product guide. If you don't have a copy you should be able to find a copy by searching on the McAfee service portal.

https://support.mcafee.com/

• 2. Re: Rogue Systems with multiple NICs
            keith2045

We have a lot of systems, i was hoping for a more automated method, but if this is the method that McAfee suggests then i guess i'll do it.