1 of 1 people found this helpful
The Product relies on 3 Important components 1) Hardware 2) Client for Sync 3) Backend Servers
If there is glitch in any of the above said Components the Sync will not happen and the Settings will be In-accessible.
In your case the problem might be with the Backend where the Machine is not able to receive a response from the Servers that it is in Safe hands.
I would suggest you Call Tech Support by clicking here and have your PC verified that other components are fully functional. They will be doing this with the help of Remote Assistance kindly Co-operate.
Once this is confirmed a request will be sent to the Back end Team for investigation. We might get back to you for collecting further Information if Required.
Post back the Service Request which you will receive from the Technician so that I will be aware of the progress..!
I've followed the link. For my country only the contact by email is possible, the service request given from the system
Thank you very much, i'll keep you updated.
One question: my pc will block when the trial expires? Or it will not since the automatic block is switched off?
Try changing the Country to US and retry contacting Tech Support by means of Chat - if you are OK with English. By doing so the progress will be faster than the Email Support.
Your PC will not lock unless Auto-lock is turned ON in the Web console settings. From my records am able to see that Product expires on May 2014 within which the issue will be sorted out.
PROBLEM SOLVED (version 2.5).
Since the technical support is available in the same hours that i am at work (behind a firewall), i did some analysis myself ( i have a Master degree in Computer Engineering after all).
Steps you can follow if you are enrolled, but not syncing and with the awful error on uninstalling:
1- Check your ME driver with MEInfo and MEmanuf tools by intel (command prompt, as administrator).
I did this check , and it was successful, no problem was found with the driver.
STILL NOT SYNCING OR UNINSTALLING
I did then a lot of mess disinstalling software, services, reinstalling things etc ( on windows sometime this approach works), in order
to see if there was some other dependency unsatisfied/conflict with other software.
STILL NOT SYNCING OR UNINSTALLING
After that i tried to sort out something from the registry/ log files and i found that Anti-theft does some calls to the ates.mcafee.com server .
- i connected the laptop with the lan cable (no problem whatsoever with my connection with whatever software)
- i pinged it and surprise! At least 1/4 of the request went bananas (Timed out) !! Toying with tcpip timeouts did not work either!!
- i sweared a lot
- i made a ping to the ates.mcafee.com server with my smartphone. IT WORKED !!
- i connected to internet trough the phone (wifi hotspot) and all went good (sync and uninstall)
2- if a ping to ates.mcafee.com gives you "Request timed out" try to connect to internet trough your smartphone, or a different connection, because that's the problem.
You won't be able to uninstall anti theft if that server is not reachable.
Hope this post will save the day to someone else having this problem.
Please mcafee, check your connection.
Thanks for adding your findings, I will pass this on. however support has special tool that checks reachability of this server. Glad that you are OK. Re-Run the esu tool and check if the status is not enrolled.
I thougth they would have one, my problem was the conflict with my timetables and tech support's (at office i am behind a very strict firewall, no remote support available)
I checked the Status: it has been correctly unenrolled and the option of disabling anti-theft in the UEFI is now also available(It was grayed out before).
I then run the MCPCR tool to remove the remaining services and folders.
PS: the ping time to the ates server is around 270ms from here (mobile connection), while it times out with an ADSL connection.