Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
1220 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2009 11:18 AM by vinod_r2 RSS
Newcomer 3 posts since
Oct 19, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 6, 2009 6:14 PM

blocked McAfee

Grif, once again my McAfee has been virussed. I have XP pro service pack 3, Int exp 7. My McAfee screen is blank, I cannot remove the program, tried to download Norton from my Rogers acct, it won't let me. Cannot do anything with McAfee, no upgrades no scans.
I can upgrade Maleware and SuperAntiS, but they both don't find anything now. Maleware did find trojan.FakeAlert in McAfee\virusscan\scriptsn.dll last week and said it would delete on reboot. I keep upgradeing Maleware and SuperAntiS in hoping they will have a fix. Any other help or advice would be great, Tom.
  • Apprentice 11,659 posts since
    Sep 29, 2002
    1. Feb 6, 2009 10:43 PM (in response to TDW)
    RE: blocked McAfee
    It's not clear whether you actually have a virus/malware or whether McAfee has simply stopped working.. (The detected file by Malwarebytes is actually part of VirusScan and if it was deleted, then that explains why it's not working.. So, please try uinstalling McAfee from the Control Panel/Add-Remove Programs section and if that doesn't work, please try using the MCPR.exe tool from the link below:

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507

If you can't download the tool correctly on your personal machine, then download the tool on a friend or family member's computer, then transfer it over using a flash drive or CD.

Run the tool to uninstall McAfee.

After that, please restart the computer into Safe Mode and run both Malwarebytes and SuperAntispyware to see if they find anything.

After that, just to get a second opinion, please run an online scan using the link below

F-Secure Online Scanner

Hope this helps.

Grif
  • vinod_r2 McAfee Mentor 3,126 posts since
    Feb 15, 2008
    2. Feb 8, 2009 11:18 AM (in response to Grif)
    RE: blocked McAfee

It's a False positive from Malwarebytes.
    The file as Grif pointed out is a McAfee File (McAfee scriptproxy )

see this:http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=10608&pid=52262&st=0&#ent ry52262

Regards
    VR

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)